No announcement yet.

just bought my first e30 ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the driveshaft needs to be replaced. my story gets a little better though. i was checking craigslist all over for a ix part out and stumbled across an ad in san francisco. i called the guy and he said i could buy the complete car for 1000. working 5 speed tranny and working transfercase. the following day i took a 7hr bus ride from los angeles to san fran for the car. the car was cosmetically in horrible condition but that didnt matter to me. drove the car right back and now i have started to take things apart for the swap. hopefully i should be done next week. ill keep you guys updated on any progress.

Comment

nice job keeping another IX on the road ,with spares no less
      Angus
      88 E30M3 X2
      89 325IX
      92 R100GS/PD
      :)

Comment

5 speed swap almost complete!

quick update. so over the last few weeks i was finally able to swap out the automatic trans for a manual one. Instantly the car felt a million times better. i still need the wiring for the brake light. i also added a crackless dash! oh btw the driveshaft was bad. i used the driveshaft from the parts car and the car doesn't vibrate any more.
        Attached Files

Comment

exterior

more pictures to come once i dye the carpet
          Attached Files

Comment

I assume you're going to dye the carpet black? But you've got a tan interior! Gotta keep the color matched carpet!

Nice job on the trans swap. Now all you need to do is grab some monster pliers and wrestle that lower valence straight...er.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

yeah thats the only reason why i havent started dying yet. i might just pressure wash it and keep it tan. yeah that valance drives me nuts when i look at it!

Comment

Working...
              X