Viscous Coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viscous Coupler

Time to replace the Viscous Coupler on my 91' 2d Ix . What is the supply like and Where is a good place to get a New one ? I know the OEM supply was drying up a while back and I hope I did not miss the timing to buy . Any and all info on where to look is what I need . thanks
    Last edited by Bmjpv; 03-23-2016, 03:58 PM.

they are still available. I don't know about the supply drying up, I haven't heard that. they were around $500-$600 last I looked.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Viscus coupler

I dropped out for awhile and could use on OEM web site ,view & part numbers. Who got the best price now adays ? Yes search ,I will , thanks

Comment

I think I got mine through a site that's no longer around, but there's a ton of them - blunttech, ECS, Tischer, bmw of south Atlanta, etc.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Viscous Coupler

ok did some searching and price shopping, $ 632.00 shipped is the best price I've found. Since this is an OEM part, discounts cannot be too deep on this. If anyone can add to this price search please let me . I'm ready to pull the trigger on this buy . 91' 325 Ix thanks , Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Bmjpv View Post
            ok did some searching and price shopping, $ 632.00 shipped is the best price I've found. Since this is an OEM part, discounts cannot be too deep on this. If anyone can add to this price search please let me . I'm ready to pull the trigger on this buy . 91' 325 Ix thanks , Joe
            That's how much I paid about a year ago. My guess is you're not gonna save much more than that unless you repair it yourself.

Comment

This price is without shipping - but this particular dealer's pricing is usually the best I've found:

Description MSRP Price Your Price
              8-CLUTCH-IX $666.46 $559.82

The E30 collection:
              1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
              1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
              1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
              1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
              1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
              1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
              1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
              2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
              2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Viscous Coupler

Yes I think you are right . I'll pull the trigger tomorrow ,thank you all

Comment

Working...
                X