235/45/16 on all 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

235/45/16 on all 4

I have looked at alot of the wheel threads and wanted to make sure about my wheel setup. I want to fit 235/45/16 on all 4 what would be the offset choice to fit these? I assume I have to roll the fenders, maybe trim the plastic? I'm sure Nando will chime in. Haha [emoji41]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Really no one runs 235's?

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
      Really no one runs 235's?

I don't think it exists? 225 and 245 definitely do in that sidewall though

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        I don't think it exists? 225 and 245 definitely do in that sidewall though
        Well shit I just looked them up and they don't haha. Would 245 be doable? And what rim width and offset would be ideal.

Comment

I ran 235s for years.

Honestly, they're heavy and not really necessary. 225s have plenty of grip for even a wild ix IMO (especially an R-comp or DOT-R), are lighter, cheaper, easier to find, better response, etc.

to fit 235s your offset has to be perfect. It will still rub slightly in the rear and up front it will rub the liners at full lock. Not the end of the world, but I still think 225s just fit the car a lot better.

245 - no way.
          Last edited by nando; 06-23-2016, 08:56 AM.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            I ran 235s for years.

Honestly, they're heavy and not really necessary. 225s have plenty of grip for even a wild ix IMO (especially an R-comp or DOT-R), are lighter, cheaper, easier to find, better response, etc.

to fit 235s your offset has to be perfect. It will still rub slightly in the rear and up front it will rub the liners at full lock. Not the end of the world, but I still think 225s just fit the car a lot better.

245 - no way.
            What was you're setup for the 235's? I love the looks of them and will just run them during the summer/track days.

Comment

I ran them on 15x7.5 ET36 wheels. I needed a 3mm spacer up front to clear the calipers. However, I think having coilovers is basically a requirement, otherwise they will hit the spring perch with stock springs. And you'll have to move the ABS cable out of the way or else they will rub it. It's a tight fit.

might be able to fit them on a 16x8 ET30 wheel, but they were fine on the 7.5. I still recommend a 225 instead.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I ran them on 15x7.5 ET36 wheels. I needed a 3mm spacer up front to clear the calipers. However, I think having coilovers is basically a requirement, otherwise they will hit the spring perch with stock springs. And you'll have to move the ABS cable out of the way or else they will rub it. It's a tight fit.

might be able to fit them on a 16x8 ET30 wheel, but they were fine on the 7.5. I still recommend a 225 instead.
                What coil overs are you running GC? Would using 225 not require a coilover setup? I will probably run 225, I have no experience running 235 so I will end up just going by your recommendation.

Comment

yeah, GC. that'd be a hefty investment for 10mm more tire. :p

225s should work with stock spring perches. The tire compound is really more important than section width, anyway.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

yeah, GC. that'd be a hefty investment for 10mm more tire. [emoji14]

225s should work with stock spring perches. The tire compound is really more important than section width, anyway.
                    I was planning on buying some GC coilovers at some point but not at the moment. Just going to go 225 I'm sure I'll be happy with that. You going to the e30 picnic this weekend?

Comment

no probably not. I need to rebuild the CV shafts on my ix - don't really want to drive it that far, they're pretty bad. I actually haven't been the last few years - someday though. :)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

no probably not. I need to rebuild the CV shafts on my ix - don't really want to drive it that far, they're pretty bad. I actually haven't been the last few years - someday though. :)
                        Do you do them yourself or have a shop do them? I was planning on it but my car needs tuned I just got my turbo build done last weekend. I'll probably go next year I'm in southern Oregon so not to far away.

Comment

I've been planning on sending a set out for a while. But right now it's a choice between getting my N52 oil pan fabbed up, or sending the CV shafts out for a rebuild. I can still drive it short distances so I've been leaning towards doing the oil pan first. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Where do you get you axles done? N52 in a ix? How are you swinging that?

Comment

I think there's a place called Portland axle? it's in the ix section.

so far I've just got an engine on a stand lol.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X