loose center caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loose center caps?

When I lock my center caps they have some wobble and play. The BBS caps on my RX7 rims are very tight. is there a reason the BMW caps are so loose? Maybe a fix?
    325IX Build Thread
    RX7 Build Thread

the clips are probably broken. I think you can buy some of the parts but they are expensive.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If i posted a picture of the cap would you be able to point out where? I habe access to a 3d printer....maybe its worth repairing?
      325IX Build Thread
      RX7 Build Thread

Comment

There's basically a metal ring and some tabs. The metal ring could be missing but most likely the tabs are broken. They're all made the same way pretty much - I think you should be able to tell where they are broken.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

center caps

Are the cheap center caps on Ebay a problem or do we have to have OEM? I've lost a couple oem's but thankfully had repalcements.

Comment

make sure the black plastic ring on the back side of the centercap is flush against the outer painted basketweave ring. You can gently tap the black ring w/ a hammer to make sure its snug. This usually is why the cap is loose.
            www.instagram.com/snwmble
            #snwmble

Current:
            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
            X