Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I missing-ABS Deceleration Sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I decided to connect the 2 wires that were cut to remove the decel sensor from my car, and the ABS light is now OFF, and the ABS works.

I received a used sensor and mount as well and will install when I get some time and report back.

Thanks again for everyones help!!
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but I notice when I release the throttle on my ix.
      It kind of brakes? Could this be a faulty decel switch causing it to engine brake?

I can't seem to let the car coast long. or is this just because it's an awd?
      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
        It kind of brakes? Could this be a faulty decel switch causing it to engine brake?

I think youll find its mostly due to the AWD and engine ,these don't coast very well(hense this system to help reduce engine braking) . And the abs cannot apply and brakes ,it an early enough system that it only bleeds off pressure on locking wheel. That said make sure your brakes aren't dragging.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD
        :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30andy View Post
          So I decided to connect the 2 wires that were cut to remove the decel sensor from my car, and the ABS light is now OFF, and the ABS works.
          Great These old ABS systems seem to be pretty durable, whereas 20 year newer systems suffer from snapped golden jumper wires etc.

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post

+1 on spdracrm3's comment, dragging brakes and/or just awd.
          1986 325iX
          2006 530xd

Comment

Working...
          X