Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e46 ratio in e30 front diff?

E46 330dxA 2.93 diff versus e30 325ix 3.91 diff

So the E30 front diff is 148mm and the e46 is 168mm which is too big to be installed into e30 front diff without some major modifications...

will see how far I am ready to go... ;D
    Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
    https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Let's just get a bullet oil pan made to support what ever ever diff we all agree on, we just got to find some one to bankroll us lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Yeah, lets get one made that fits this:

I don't think that one will ever break

Comment

Can't crack 300 kph with a 3.38? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          Can't crack 300 kph with a 3.38? ;)
          You can with the right transmission [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Just do like nomansland92 and use BMW "gen 2" DCT with 0,67 on 7th gear and you will fly at 8000 rpm :D

But seriously, I'll open a E34 and X5 diff to try to transplant the X5 3.07 into E34.
            E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
            E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Heck, if you use an E53 pan (assuming 24V engine), I think the E46 gears will go right into the E53 housing, as will a Quaife for a Z3 1.9.

HOWEVER, you'd definitely have to use a u-jointed driveshaft and it looks like you'd have to take a chunk out of the driver's footwell to accommodate the driveshaft with the different front diff position.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                Heck, if you use an E53 pan (assuming 24V engine), I think the E46 gears will go right into the E53 housing, as will a Quaife for a Z3 1.9.

HOWEVER, you'd definitely have to use a u-jointed driveshaft and it looks like you'd have to take a chunk out of the driver's footwell to accommodate the driveshaft with the different front diff position.
                My hope is that I can make the E53 ratio fit in the E34 housing, and as you say add a LSD :)
                Haven't done much testing yet, but E53 and E34 at least share the same splines on the inner CV stubs.
                Worst case I'll have to make a E53/E34 frankenpan or something.
                E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
                X