No announcement yet.

Last Try- Inner Ball Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody find an online site with these available? I dont have a local BMW dealer to order them through.
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by lefthookz View Post
      I called my local BMW dealer today and they do not have a separate part number for inner ball joints. Control arms only. Anyone ordered these ball joints recently and can recommend a dealer?
      I called my local dealership yesterday and ordered a pair using the pn 31121701063. said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship from Germany.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try part number 31121701063!

Comment

Just went to pick mine up from the only BMW dealer in Vermont.....they want $120 each! What is everybody paying for these now? Seems awful steep for a balljoint but if thats the going price I guess I will pony up.
          89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
          1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

What's the price for a whole new arm? (admittedly, that's a pretty lazy questions to ask). I mean, it seems expensive. Maybe you can get $10 cheaper somewhere. But at some point you just have to expect things to be expensive.

Here's my take. I have only rarely worn out an inner ball joint. Usually, the outter one goes first. I have a lot of arms (probably 3 of them are drivers side, lol), I'll bet all of them have worn outter joints and solid inner joints. So naturally, demand for inner joints is lower. I think we see that reflected in the supply too.

It's kind of unfortunate, but these cars are niche, quirky, and rare enough.. that some stuff is just hard or impossible to find, because demand doesn't warrant further production. In the past we were awash in seemingly endless supplies of BMW original parts (they really do a good job, mostly). But these cars are 30 years old now. BMW can't sustain making new parts forever, for a car that sold in the thousands of units (now, millions is considered a failure). How many fully functional 325ix's are left? Is it even 1000 in the USA?

So to me, the question is - would you like to have a part available at an expensive price, or nothing available at any price? There's definitely parts I wished I had bought when they were available, that just disappeared and you'll be left paying 4x for used what you could have got new.

By all means shop around. But I doubt BMW will make more of these. Buy them when you can. If you're holding onto your 325ix for the long term, the only possible way unfortunately is to hoard replacement parts.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

In here price is about 100€ one and in dollars 117,89$ not bad to me...When there was a time no chance of getting anything. Only solution was new arm and here they cost 349 € one piece so 822,86$ pair...Only what i don´t know yet, how long those ball join going to be last, i mean one year or 3 years. So at this time that 100€ for inner ball joint is cheap.
              When here is no after market arm is not anymore, so only oem
              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

The new balljoints have the Lemforder logot stamped into them at the bottom, I think it's save to say these will last a good long time. (I paid +/- 74€ at my dealer somewhere in November 2019 I think)
                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X