looking for a good repair manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a good repair manual

So i just picked up a '88 325ix and i was woundering what kind of repair manual i should pick up. I was looking at Bentley but it doesnt show that it includes the 325ix in it and i know a lot of things are diff on the ix compared to the others. So what are your guys recommendations?

there isnt a good 1 for the IX that I know of. The factory E30 manual is good though
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

the bentley works fine for 99% of the problems we have - most issues with the ix are shared with other E30s. haynes (or is it chilton) does have some ix stuff, but it's pretty much worthless. I have all 3 and guess which two I never look at?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Alright Thanks. I guess ill be getting a Bentley manual then

Comment

how do you like the iX so far? I live in milwaukee, this is my first winter with an iX and I'm loving it. Are you a member of the badger bimmers club?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
            how do you like the iX so far? I live in milwaukee, this is my first winter with an iX and I'm loving it. Are you a member of the badger bimmers club?
            Actually its a work in progress. i picked it up a week ago. I need to do one front axle and im going to do a timing belt, tensioner and waterpump right away and the tires are shot so its not so good in the snow as it sits but i picked it up for only $825 in running condition so i couldnt pass it up. No i am not a member of Badger Bimmers.

Comment

Everyone should have this: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/sil.html
              And this: http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Ive been using TIS mostly when im not at work but the old manuals for the older cars suck adn you cant see shit

Comment

Originally posted by Tsweers89 View Post
                  Actually its a work in progress. i picked it up a week ago. I need to do one front axle and im going to do a timing belt, tensioner and waterpump right away and the tires are shot so its not so good in the snow as it sits but i picked it up for only $825 in running condition so i couldnt pass it up. No i am not a member of Badger Bimmers.
                  I just did a water pump, timing belt, and tensioner on my car about 700 miles ago. It took me about 4.5 hours start to finish which was pretty good for my first time on that procedure. It would be a good time to do plugs, cap, rotor, and a valve adjustment as well if you have the cash for it. My car runs like a top now, it's been really great since I got that leaky water pump fixed. Did you find the car locally?

You should join the club, there are some very knowledgeable mechanics and pros that you can talk to for advice or help with some of these procedures. www.badgerbimmers.org

let me know if you need any help with the water pump stuff, it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

Comment

I actually work at Enterprise Motor Cars in Appleton on the BMW side. Yea i will check into the club

Comment

Working...
                    X