Do the M3 CABs work in iXs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the M3 CABs work in iXs?

Subject says it all. My guess is no due to halfshaft length issues, anyone have any definite info?

yes

halfshafts have nothing to do with it :p
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sweet, I thought maybe since they're offset that it would make the distance between the differential and the strut housing longer or shorter, so the halfshafts wouldn't fit anymore. Thanks though!

Comment

yeah, not really. the change at the CV shaft level is minimal. plus they're actually capable of extending/collapsing quite a bit - they're not a solid, fixed length like a u-joint would be.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I used e36 M3 CAB's.
          sigpic

Comment

What advantage do the e36 M3 CABs have over the e30 M3's

Comment

nothing, they are the same thing - early E30 M3s were solid centered, later E30 M3s are solid offset. the offset bushings supercede the centered ones for replacement, but the centered ones are still available. E36 M3 bushings are the same as late E30 M3.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What benefit do the offset bushings provide?
                Other than being solid...

Comment

increased caster

if you want to know what that does, I'd suggest a search on basic suspension geometry. from the factory, the ix comes with very little caster so the M3 cabs make a pretty significant difference. The biggest benefit to me is the increase in dynamic camber (outside wheel with the wheels turned). Another benefit is high speed stability (although I don't really notice that much, how often do you drive above 80mph?).
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                  X