Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front caliper guide pin boot

Hey Guys,

I’m chngining brake pads and noticed my caliper guide pin dust cover boot things are ripped and I’m having trouble finding replacements. Looks like it should be #10 on the attached realoem link but that doesn’t seem to be correct. Anyone know if these are available separate or do you have to purchase the guide pin kit?

Thanks!
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

Yeah it's part 10. Not sure if those are even available seperatly. No need to get these from the dealer
    I would just get a replacement kit and replace the pins as well
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
      Yeah it's part 10. Not sure if those are even available seperatly. No need to get these from the dealer
      I would just get a replacement kit and replace the pins as well
      Thanks D.Martijn! I’m just cheap! Trying to save a few bucks the kit is quite a bit more than just the “boot”.
      1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

you could try to just use rubber cement, and a patch piece of rubber if you are that cheap, the part doesnt flex that much, and if its a small tear might work well, just make sure you use aggresive sandpaper.

Comment

RockAuto shows boot kits for <$10

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
            RockAuto shows boot kits for <$10
            just took a peek at RockAuto. They have the boot kit listed but it’s out of stock unfortunately.
            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Well now that you know the part number...

Northern Auto Parts is your one-stop shop for all things automotive. Whether you need auto replacement parts or performance upgrades, we have what it takes to get the job done. Check out our site and browse the wide selection of engine, replacement, and racing products we have available online.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                Well now that you know the part number...

http://www.northernautoparts.com/part/wh-h18001
                Damn your good....
                1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Oh well, northern auto parts was a no go. I ordered the boots and the next day they refunded my money. No explanation but I’m assuming that they don’t have the boots in stock. Doesn’t look like theses are available separately anywhere else.
                  1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

The kit lists for something like $15 for pins, boots and bolts. Alternately, you can just get Centric rebuilt calipers for 40 each on FCP.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      The kit lists for something like $15 for pins, boots and bolts. Alternately, you can just get Centric rebuilt calipers for 40 each on FCP.
                      Just tried another option at Rockauto. They list caliper guide pin kit for just a few $, so I ordered it. I will update the thread when I get it in case anyone else cares to know.
                      1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by E30andy View Post
                        Oh well, northern auto parts was a no go. I ordered the boots and the next day they refunded my money. No explanation but I’m assuming that they don’t have the boots in stock. Doesn’t look like theses are available separately anywhere else.

D-Ohh... I should have replied with "Don't go thinking I'm any good before you have the part..."

Can't get the caliper pin boots? Time for a BBK.

Comment

Originally posted by E30andy View Post

Just tried another option at Rockauto. They list caliper guide pin kit for just a few $, so I ordered it. I will update the thread when I get it in case anyone else cares to know.
                          So I received the caliper pin guide boot kit from Rockauto and the "kit" is just the 4 rubber guide pin boots. Just what I needed!
                          I ordered 4 "kits" so I have 16 boots right now (I only need 8). I would be happy to mail out the extras I have if anyone needs them. I should be able to just stick them in an envelope and mail regular postage, so no cost.
                          1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Just put those little f’ing booties on. Man they suck to install. I guess if I had a pick it would have made things easier. I ended up using 2 small hemostats but not a fun job!
                            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Git Err Dunn!

Comment

Working...
                              X