Click image for larger version

Name:	49941025692_36e0b1b110_b.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	9928271

What do you think?

JH
    HIK Fab

I want to see the front attachment points! And I think that looks pretty freakin sweet. I like how you gave it an extended tail.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks! The front uses the same type hoop bar as the RWD cars do. The rear in supported a hoop between the CAB mounts. The optional transfer case skid plate is supported by the CAB hoop and a couple of standoffs in the rear.(you can see one of them way back) I'll put a couple more pics up tomorrow.

JH
      HIK Fab

Comment

Yeah. I really like how you designed the hoop mounting above the control arm bolts as opposed to how I did it, below the bolts. Your way makes it much easier to access the bolts.

I think the transfercase protection is really necessary. Going over a large crest I smacked a rock with my transfercase and ripped one side of the brace off. My transfercase sat down on to the driveshaft protection plate. You can see some nice polishing marks the guibo and driveshaft made on it. I had to run 2 bolts through the floor to mount it back up. If I needed to build a skid plate again, I wouldn't, I would just buy yours!
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks, I am very pleased on how the control arm support hoop turned out. I am a little concerned with how exposed it is on the passenger side. Tried to come up with a good balance between protection and added weight.

I was thinking of adding a front skid plate that would run from the bumper and to the differential skid plate. Very open to suggestions here. Right now I am thinking a bent piece of aluminum and DIY mounting holes. Is this something IXers even want anyway?

Click image for larger version  Name:	49946154102_a232efbdcf_c.jpg Views:	98 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	9928699

Click image for larger version  Name:	49945363443_5e09273f76_c.jpg Views:	90 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	9928700
          Transfer skid plate showing AL mounting standoffs.

JH
          Last edited by JGee; 11-10-2020, 01:39 PM.
          HIK Fab

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately I wonder at the numbers too! Every so often, someone pipes up about wanting an ix skid plate, but I swear it's about once a year.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Yes. I will be buying one before winter. Thank you.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

did you ever end up making a few of these i'm interested in buying one if so

Comment

I sure did got one in stock ready to go! Check it out here: HIKFabrication.com
                  HIK Fab

Comment

Working...
                  X