just looking for second opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just looking for second opinions

hello everyone for maintenance purposes. im dropping my trans and transfer case soon and i was seeing if anyone can add input incase i missed anything. since its coming out the following parts i would like to change and or need.... some parts i do already have. just want to get rid of the shift slop and very long throw also saw going with a z3 shifter setup works as well?

sachs clutch set
    resurface flywheel if serviceable )will i be able to find a new flywheel or am i going to have to look second hand?)
    rear main seal
    condor speed shop shifter bushing kit
    DSSR im looking for a short shift one but cant seem to find any
    input and output shaft seals
    transfer case seal kit.. does anyone know where i can source one or are all the parts going to be individual
    rear guibo
    condor speed shop trans mount
    have everything for front guibo mod and already grinded down cover plate
    if anyone has a DSSR they want to sell as well let me know.

New OEM flywheel bolts

Comment

if you have a single mass flywheel, it can be resurfaced. I had mine lightened to about 13lbs and rebalanced, or you can just leave it..

for a DSSR, there's not one on the market for the ix AFAIK, but you can modify the E30 one. Probably, I'd just use the stock one with all new bushings, and a Z3 shifter is perfect for the ix.

I would also not use an aftermarket transmission mount personally. It will just cause NVH for no real benefit, and the stock ix mount will last almost forever.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Like above, I also went with condor speed shop derling bushings. My transmission is pretty load and it only amplified the sound even more.
        I'll probably swap them to poly bushings to get rid of some of the NVH.

No need to use a DSSR imo, with new bushings and the Z3 shifter, the feel is great!
        Might want to order a brass pivot pin as well.

Seals are ordered separately for the transfer case, I have a list of seals somewhere which I ordered when I rebuild my transfer case, along with bearings etc.
        BMW E30 325ix Transfer case rebuild parts
        Housing seal 27111224677 1x
        Breather 27111224629 1x
        Shaft seal 32X47X7 (input shaft) 27211224632 1x SKF 32x47x7 HMSA10 V of RG
        Shaft seal 35X47X7 (rear output shaft) 27211224636 1x SKF 35x47x7 HMSA10 V of RG
        Shaft seal 44X60X10 (front output shaft) 27241224660 2x SKF 44x60x10 HMSA10 V of RG
        Collar nut 27211224634 1x
        SNAP RING 27241224662 1x
        Ball bearing 45X75X16 (input shaft) 7119981063 1x SKF 6009-2Z/C3
        Needle sleeve (input shaft) 27241224659 1x SKF needle cage K 15X21X15
        Needle cage (planetary gear) 27211224637 1x INA HK 3224
        Grooved ball bearing 35X62X14 (rear output shaft) 7119981054 1x SKF 6007/C3
        Grooved ball bearing 25X47X12 (rear output shaft) 7119981047 1x SKF 6005/C3
        Grooved ball bearing 45X75X10 (front output shaft) 7119981724 2x SKF 16009/C3
        Rubber bushing 23711130502 1x
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          for a DSSR, there's not one on the market for the ix AFAIK, but you can modify the E30 one. Probably, I'd just use the stock one with all new bushings, and a Z3 shifter is perfect for the ix.
          https://www.garagistic.com/products/...5ix-dssr-190mm

Comment

ah, nice, I forgot about that one.

I wouldn't trust any aftermarket trans bushing though. the ix one is engineered to counter the twisting action of the drivetrain (the Z1 used it too, and a "torque tube" where the transfercase on the ix goes) - a poly one is likely not.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thank you all for the input! D. Martijn thank you for the part numbers for the seals! and nando since you brought that up here's my question for you. when i dropped the front and rear subframe on the car last month all the rubber was bad from sitting more than mileage so i did all condor stuff engine mounts, control arm bushings subrframe bushings RTA bushings and rear diff bushing. will the stock transfercase/trans mount still be ok then? or at this point would i just be better off putting in the poly bushing. im assuming the OE rubber bushing would still be best?

Comment

I removed the poly engine and transfer case mounts (and replaced with stock rubber mounts-no problems with this set-up) that were installed on my ix by the previous owner due to N/V/H. Made a big difference. I still have poly rear diff and subframe bushings on it. Compared to the stock ix I just bought, even these remaining poly bushings make for a loud ride.

I have the poly bushings I removed for sale if anyone wants them.
                89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  if you have a single mass flywheel, it can be resurfaced. I had mine lightened to about 13lbs and rebalanced, or you can just leave it..

I would also not use an aftermarket transmission mount personally. It will just cause NVH for no real benefit, and the stock ix mount will last almost forever.
                  do you happen to know which z3 shifter to use? i saw about 5 different ones on the e30 WIKI. and this car is currently my daily driver as i save for another car since i sold my e46 330i like an idiot to fund the IX freshen up.

As to E30 andy i'm kind of stuck for right now since i only put 900 on everything thus far and it being my daily. so i just figured i'd leave it all poly since once i get another car this will be driven but only on nicer weekends. the car only has 19k on it i got it at 17k the sun is what killed this car leather is shrunk paint is very faded but no rot or rust everything even came apart smooth with no pb blaster lol. once

one i learn how to post pictures on here without it being to large to load i would like to upload some pictures of it for you guys.

im also missing two center caps if anybody has?

Comment

Working...
                  X