Widebody / M3 clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widebody / M3 clone

I am looking to make an m3 clone without breaking the bank. What is the best company to buy from? I have read differing opinions on a everything out there. Please give me some reasons or testimonials, thanks. Also what material is best CFRP, FRP, Plastic, Fiberglass, Metal, Carbon, or Carbon Kevlar? I have looked at companies such as: Dtmfiberworks, e30garage Norway, Big Duck Club, GTHAUS, radicaltuning, and livetooffend. Let me know anything about strength, fitment, and quality.

I have a 91’ 318is. s52 swapped and z3m 5lug swapped. Looking for more tire and different wheel options.

Pesch does a full fiberglass kit, would need a lot of work but I think that goes for the others as well.

Probably the cheapest option as well.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I started with the Pesch front and rear fenders plus sideskirts.

I sold the fibreglass front fenders and purchased OEM and also purchased front and rear bumpers from MARS Performance here in Australia - they offer a plastic front and rear bumper which seems to fit like OEM.

The Pesch stuff is just fine, it doesn't fit that well compared to OEM, and being Fibreglass none of the original mounts are suitable so you have to go really hacky (i.e sickaflex) or make your own. Trying to get the fibreglass sideskirts to fit with the OEM front fenders has been a nightmare and I've ended up almost remaking the front 1/4 of the skirts from scratch to make it look right.

I think you either need to commit to plastic / OEM setup or just go all fibreglass. The combination of both is where my headaches have been and I haven't even started on the rear fenders.

Saying that, it's obviously much cheaper than the alternatives, especially if you're covering the cost yourself for the inconvenience. If I was paying a shop to do the bodywork to make it all fit and trial and error on mounts it would have been cheaper to buy the e30 Garage metal parts I reckon.

Comment

Working...
      X