diving board killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diving board killer?

The other day i saw a pre-facelift e30 track car, and it had an M3 front bumper/valence.
    And this kinda made me think. Sadly, i only saw the front, but it should be possible to do
    the front and back without any major modifications correct? has anyone done this before and does anyone have any pics?

i hate my diving boards, and it seems the only options are going euro, being extremely skilled and doing the plastic conversion, body kits (no), or bmp rs-1. this kinda got
    me a little excited.

TIA-

OR you can sell ur car and get a plastic bumper car 8)

Comment

The M3 has flared fenders, thus you'd need to heat and bend the pieces to fit the non-flared fenders. I've seen lots of pictures of it done. The parts are spendy and it looks bad IMO.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

unless the car has flared fenders the m3 front and rear look ridiculously out of place on a 325/318. none of the options you stated are going to be cheap. with the conversion you basically name your poison. the easiest is euro bumpers, but they are rare to find in good condition and pretty expensive. next would be the plastic front end, but weigh in the costs of painting, foglights, and a lip, and you start to teeter to the expensive side. then you gotta do the rear and buy a rear apron so the car doesn't look stupid. the bmp might be difficult to fit, warped, or both, but you get a whole replacement bumper+valence combo complete with a low lip, and fogs (albeit e36). if you are lucky enough to get a good copy you might not have much trouble fitting it, but it's really just going with the roll of the dice. either way, i'm still in the same boat as you ;) good luck.
        I retired my E30 for now...
        E46 323i
        David Schultz

Comment

test fit of my m3 rear bumper on my car...
          coupled with my mtech1 wing and tucked/painted front bumper I think it looks pretty damn good.

the m3 front bumper is harder to fit. There is ~1" of extra width on each side.
          Below the radar...

Comment

The flare angles of the bottom of the IS air dam and bottom of the m3 rear bumper match very well.

Sold it.

Comment

I have only seen pictures of it but it looked pretty good. The amount you have to bend the bumper in isnt a lot. The M3 flares are very subtle.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                I have only seen pictures of it but it looked pretty good. The amount you have to bend the bumper in isnt a lot. The M3 flares are very subtle.
                I have an m3 front bumper waiting to go on my car.
                The M3 flairs look subtle but when you hold the bumper up to a non-M front end, this is about 1-1.5" of space beween the fender and the inner edge of the M3 bumper on each side.
                You could try and heat/bend it... but then you might have inconsistencies. You could cut and re-attach, but thats a big hassle with ABS plastic.

Both front tow hooks also need to be cut off in order to fit the m3 front bumper.

If you wanted to do it, it would probably be easiest to get a Vladen fiberglass front, and modify that.
                Below the radar...

Comment

I think it looks good IMO.. I would definetly consider it if I had an early car. actually, I've considered an M3 front bumper on my car, but I have other ideas.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thats awesome guys!!!

how would i bend the bumpers though?

does anyone have anymore pics? thanks...

Comment

i definately like it man, very good upgrade IMO
                      www.driftunit.com and www.excelfundamentals.com <--- supporter and admin

Comment

Originally posted by 1985bmw325e
                        OR you can sell ur car and get a plastic bumper car 8)
                        HAH.

Why go plastic when you can go custom/euro :D

Comment

does the m3 rear fit on the lower arch cars? thansk

Comment

Wow, that looks like it will turn out really nice looking.

Make sure to post some more pics when you get it painted.

Comment

I saw a car today with it done. Will post pics later. He didn't heat it I don't think. Cracked a lot.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X