Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 E30 diving boards to Euro bumpers

Hi All,

Anyone know how hard it is to swap diving boards to Euro bumpers? What parts I need and where to get them?

thanks

Feast your eyes on the above link. I did it myself in a few days, it wasn't difficult at all. The majority of the time spent was just addressing some paint issues and sealing off any holes where water could enter the cabin. There are numerous people who have done or are currently doing the swap. Your main concern will probably be hunting down a set of non-rusty ones from EU, or if you just want to blow a lot of money at the dealer you could buy pretty much everything new. Either way, you're looking at $300-700 to do it.

Best of luck.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

See if someone is parting out a car locally to save you some money, also have you considered just "tucking" them?

'88 325iX -Totaled
      '97 M3 - Sold
      '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
      '89 325is - Sold
      '95 540i 6spd
      '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

I've considered tucking them, but I think it doesn't look too clean. I also don't like the idea of not having a shock up front. I originally wanted a plastic bumper swap until I saw the euro bumpers.

Comment

I did the conversion on my eta. Its extremely easy. I think the only "body modification" is the two holes you have to drill in the rear. It took me ~2 hours.

Comment

Wow two hours... I still think I want the Euros, I just need a parts list.

Comment

Originally posted by nutrof View Post
              I've considered tucking them, but I think it doesn't look too clean. I also don't like the idea of not having a shock up front. I originally wanted a plastic bumper swap until I saw the euro bumpers.
              You do know that the euros don't have shocks. Just some brackets that hold them to the frame.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

hmm... not good. I thought they had bumper shocks. I guess I'll have to go with the later model conversion.

Comment

Working...
                X