Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know everyone is sick of bumper questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Thats Paal Bergs car.

Alpina dams are NOT fragile. Anyone who was on this board last winter knows that. I will admit they do look tacky though.
    Yep Ryan, good eye, that is Paal Berg's car.
    I also remember a picture of your car some time ago on BEN showing you driving in the snow and the caption "snow plough" or the such(showing it's integrity). As you have had good fortune with yours pushing through snow, I have known of others not so lucky as it sits pretty low. I can't remember if yours was the blend of figerglass or plastic, as is seems that KSK started getting different materials. No offense meant to your selection as I like your wheel/spoiler/decal combo, just offering advice for benefits of the M-tech1 kit.

Comment

Oh dont think I was offended, just not wanting people to be afraid of it because they thought it was fragile.

Its a fibreglass reinforced plastic. Its really felxible and rubbery but it has like a thin fiberglass backing that doesnt go all the way through. Its hard to explain I guess.

I have scraped it MANY times. Too many, I need a lip for it to sacrafice. Its held up, I even hit a roofing tile that fell off a pickup truck at 70mph and it just scuffed the clearcoat a little bit. A little polish and you cant tell it happened.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X