Gonna atempt e36 front bumper on my 85 318i!! (pics on pg 3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FL318is
    replied
    Imo

    I think it looks pretty good. Def would like to see the gap filled in below the kidneys and if you don't need it, remove the tag mount. Nice job though. How you thought about the rear apron and side skirts?

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Originally posted by Eurospeed
    That looks fucking HORRIBLE. The curvature of the bumper and the valence below it don't match the curvature of the E30 front end AT ALL.

    It looks like an E30 with a big fat chew in its bottom lip.
    Lay off him, Seriously it's like Jordan never left somedays. It's a 318i relic anything he does to it at this time is an improvement.

    Leave a comment:


  • MIZTERIO
    replied
    thats Nice man!! respect.

    Leave a comment:


  • jay dot dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Eurospeed
    That looks fucking HORRIBLE. The curvature of the bumper and the valence below it don't match the curvature of the E30 front end AT ALL.

    It looks like an E30 with a big fat chew in its bottom lip.
    Thats a little harsh, a simply yay or nay would have sufficed. Good thing everyone else doesnt share your taste.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    That looks fucking HORRIBLE. The curvature of the bumper and the valence below it don't match the curvature of the E30 front end AT ALL.

    It looks like an E30 with a big fat chew in its bottom lip.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Wow, interesting indeed. Superbump...I guess it needs that hole patched up somehow...

    For those too lazy to check the link:





    Leave a comment:


  • jay dot dog
    replied
    took less than an hour

    Leave a comment:


  • riverdale21
    replied
    Originally posted by Addissimo
    Originally posted by DSchultz325e
    People like me because I'm polite and I'm rarely late. I also enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    Punctuality is always a plus... what is your favorite material blend for slacks? I must say that mine is wool cashmere, but i live in the cold...
    Oh God I honestly hope you are just joking and you really do know where this banter is coming from.

    Leave a comment:


  • Addissimo
    replied
    Originally posted by DSchultz325e
    People like me because I'm polite and I'm rarely late. I also enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    Punctuality is always a plus... what is your favorite material blend for slacks? I must say that mine is wool cashmere, but i live in the cold...

    Leave a comment:


  • DSchultz325e
    replied
    People like me because I'm polite and I'm rarely late. I also enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

    Leave a comment:


  • colt325e
    replied
    " I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT "

    Leave a comment:


  • cramer
    replied
    if you can't find a plastic welder, use a soldiering iron and spare pieces of plastic from a donor bumper. Make sure you head up both sides of the plastic for a good bond.

    Leave a comment:


  • Addissimo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mot
    Originally posted by Charlie
    Quit riding the guy's ass.

    If it turns out like shit, then it turns out like shit. It's a 500 dollar car, who cares?

    -Charlie

    holy shit, I agree 100% with charlie on this one. Its not like E30s are sacred... nor is he putting a LS1 in his car, so get off his ass. Let him try something new.
    cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW BMXER
    replied
    Originally posted by BahnE30
    Originally posted by BMW BMXER
    Originally posted by BahnE30
    so now he's got a e36 bumper on his car and a rear diving board. yummm :roll:

    you don't learn the stuff he's trying to do on the internet if you could no one would go to a body tech trainning school, everyone would do it on their own.

    fiberglass does not flex, that bumper is going to flex like a bitch...
    jordans rear difuser was not attached it was moulded, if everone put as much effort into a project as Jordan did then there wouldn't be a problem it's people who do things half assed that piss me off

    like aboved mentioned project
    a) Feel like they are the only ones capable of doing custom fabrication and everyone else has "no idea"
    b)Know they are not capable of doing it so assume others can't either
    c)Just suck

    Pick one.


    And Josh I agree with you some people will not attempt something unless they know it step by step while others will start then ask questions when they need help.
    must be it
    my father and his father havent been running a body shop for 40 years and do custom work on hot rods and retorations. i've probably never spent anytime in it, no wait i've been working they're off and on since i was 9, but fuck i don't have a clue about fabrication.
    I dont really get what you are sayin but I think you all under A.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mot
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie
    Quit riding the guy's ass.

    If it turns out like shit, then it turns out like shit. It's a 500 dollar car, who cares?

    -Charlie

    holy shit, I agree 100% with charlie on this one. Its not like E30s are sacred... nor is he putting a LS1 in his car, so get off his ass. Let him try something new.

    Leave a comment:

Working...