No announcement yet.

Plastic front bumper on early model w/ iS airdam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough. Never noticed it before, but looking at pics now I see what you mean.

Comment

I actually really like that, looks tougher than the late model thin sheet metal valance.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
      1989 325iC M50 Vert
      1989 325i Coupe
      1991 318is
      1995 318ti Club Sport
      2006 330i e90
      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Whose red late-model E30 is that in the first pic?

Super hotness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
          Whose red late-model E30 is that in the first pic?

Super hotness.
          That would be Boom-Monkey's.

Originally posted by brodee
          I actually really like that, looks tougher than the late model thin sheet metal valance.
          My thoughts exactly. While I do like the late-model front end, especially with an iS lip or Reiger Infinity lip, the late-model valence is just kind of boring to me. Another thing I like about this configuration is that it makes the front bumper not seem like it sticks out so much. I know plastic bumpers don't stick out nearly as far as diving boards, but the plastics do stick out a fair bit. I really like how the bumper sits flush w/ the airdam.

Comment

Boom Monkey has a sweet car then.

Makes me lust for my old E30 (which now belongs to MTriple):

Comment

MTriples car is the reason why I hate myself for trading a white e30 for a black one. I regret that decision since day 1 of my purchase, and after I saw that car I swore to myself I'll paint my car white.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
                MTriples car is the reason why I hate myself for trading a white e30 for a black one. I regret that decision since day 1 of my purchase, and after I saw that car I swore to myself I'll paint my car white.
                I couldn't disagree more.

Ben, you sold that car to him?! You should feel proud. That car is THE perfect example of what a non M3 E30 track car should be, in every respect, down to the last nut and bolt.

Almost want to see it with smoked headlights, and maybe a lower stance in the front, but wow.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Dan,

Yep, I sold it to him. Make no mistake though, when I sold it to him it was bone stock pretty much. The mods are all him...

Here's the thread where he bought it:

7/13/03 -- sold within 24 hours :(.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

One of the worst decisions I've ever made with cars, but I had to get some cash for a downpayment on the Coupe...

Bob's definitely done it exactly like I would have.

I've missed it so much that I'm picking up an '88 iS this week to start the same type of project on...

Comment

I think it looks pretty good.

Sold it.

Comment

i like it.....its diffrent i say go for it
                      JDM no more

Comment

Hey did i miss something or did you get a car? Sorry if i missed a thread but i have been living under a rock over the winterbreak.
                        90 325is
                        IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                          Hey did i miss something or did you get a car? Sorry if i missed a thread but i have been living under a rock over the winterbreak.
                          Getting one.

Comment

Working...
                          X