Clarification on which euro valence to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on which euro valence to order

Hi, I have a Feb '87 build 325is coupe and I purchased a set of euro bumpers for it last year. I've been looking for a euro valence on the classifieds here but haven't had the right set of circumstances (seller willing to ship or someone selling bumpers and a valence who is willing to separate just the valence).

I'm just going to order it new from the dealer and get it painted, but apparently one of the valences is NLA. Here are the part numbers I looked up but the one ending in 770 is the NLA one. The 772 one is available, but I'm not sure what is different on it for the tropical version and whether it will still fit my car (my car has a/c, but not sure if there's anything euro specific to their a/c setup from ours).

08 FRONT PANEL 1 09/1985 09/1987 41331933770

08 FRONT PANEL 1 09/1985 09/1987 41331933772
    ONLY APPLIES TO HORN
    For vehicles with Air conditioning and Tropical version

Can someone tell me for sure if I'll be ok with the 772 version on my car? Also I got the bag of fasteners for the rear euro bumper which was very helpful, is there a similar installation hardware kit for the front valence and euro bumper that I should get?

thanks!
    cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Before you go ordering that, let e ask you this. Do you plan on installing an add-on valance? For example, an MT1 valance, or BBS valance, etc.

Reason i ask, is because if you do, its irrelavent what metal valance you have behind it so you can keep your US spec metal valance back there.

In regards to the euro valances, i would go with the tropical ones, which usually means cutouts for the oil cooler and ac. I would do some more research because they should still be available new. Don't go to the dealer. Try getbmwparts.com
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Thanks, not a valence, but I do have a (can't think of a better term?) Foha chin spoiler that is meant to hang below the valence.

The dealer quote on the valence is $240 with my discount so I don't think it's too awful actually. And I know it's oem and I have a good relationship with my parts guy there.
      cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Comment

I believe the one on my car is 41331933772. It's not perfect, no rust, but needs to be sanded down/straightened out/painted, will be up for sale soon for $100 + shipping if you decide to go with a used one.

The only front/back pictures of it that I have before spraying it black....

on the car with a lip that fits.

this lip does not fit it

this one fits as well

Last edited by Jean; 02-06-2010, 06:23 PM.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

^^ that's the same style of lip the OP mentioned he has. (I have it as well)
          cars beep boop

Comment

any pics of that 772 valance (called front panel - not valance btw)??? Jean's pics are GONE grrr

EDIT:

41331933770 installed from here

41331933772 (with cooling ducts)
            Last edited by bradnic; 08-05-2013, 11:24 AM.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
            X