Gap between bumper and valance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap between bumper and valance

So I looked down at my valanece as I was putting in my iS lip and noticed that the valanced is kind of pulled down so there is a gap between it and the bumper on one side of it, on the other side the gap becomes smaller. Any ideas on how to fix this, do you guys need to see pictures?

Here is a picture

And now my val has a dent too, how do I go about to fixing this up?

Comment

wait, you were trying to put an is lip on that valance?

you need major body work, maybe just a new valance. *or* a BFH
      Old and improved:

Comment

The valanence wasn't bent like that before, the bend happend recently :(

Comment

that sucks.. Yea, you can try to get it repaired, but it may be easier to get one off a parts car.

It may have been bent before which would pull it down and increase the gap between that and the bumper.
          Old and improved:

Comment

That front bumper looks tweaked too... :?
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

that valance is screwed. go look around in junkyards.

people suck at driving.. almost every E30 I see around here has a screwed up front and/or rear valance.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

haha.

fine has had a bend for about a year now (see sig), but today I pulled off my bumper and went to work on the valence.

I used a bottle jack and wood block and pushed off the subframe to the valence and slowly jacked it out.

When I got it to where it was supposed to be, I used a rubber mallet and shaped it, then a wood block w/ a regular hammer to shape it some more. It actually turned out pretty good as a temp. fix, but I will be buying a new valence soon.

zdx, I'd reccomend this, or just buy a new valence. Yours will definately need touch up paint though

Comment

Working...
                X