AC Schnitzer parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
    Very nice, I think the silver looks much better. Did they do anything ACS to the engine?
    Nothing really except for the valve cover that is now shaved. The previous owner told me that it used to say Ac Schnitzer on the valve cover, but he removed it. I don't know why.

Comment

I didn't see any updated pics but I like complete ACS cars. You just don't see them anymore. You might see a front spoiler or rear apron but not the complete package with mirrors/wheels/wing. I think it's kinda cool. Silver wheels with polished lip would look much better. Maybe even shadowline the trim, stock grill, ACS exhaust with the rectangular tip. Nothing says period correct like ACS stuff on an E30. It was the shit back in the day. It's funny, with all those ACS parts on it, it's missing the most common/critical part.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        I didn't see any updated pics but I like complete ACS cars. You just don't see them anymore. You might see a front spoiler or rear apron but not the complete package with mirrors/wheels/wing. I think it's kinda cool. Silver wheels with polished lip would look much better. Maybe even shadowline the trim, stock grill, ACS exhaust with the rectangular tip. Nothing says period correct like ACS stuff on an E30. It was the shit back in the day. It's funny, with all those ACS parts on it, it's missing the most common/critical part.
        What's the most common/critical part?

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
          What's the most common/critical part?

The badges...of course. =]

Check this out:

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

^ Beautiful car, interesting they updated one with an auto.

Nothing really except for the valve cover that is now shaved. The previous owner told me that it used to say Ac Schnitzer on the valve cover, but he removed it. I don't know why.
            Probably selling off parts like you are trying to do, you need to put it all back with the original pieces, makes for a nice looking car!!
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
            4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

How do you put the antenna on top of the roof?

Comment

Can you re-post the pics, they aren't showing up. The roof antenna is most likely from an e30 m3. It wouldn't take much to retrofit, but cutting a hole in your roof is not for the faint of heart.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                  Can you re-post the pics, they aren't showing up. The roof antenna is most likely from an e30 m3. It wouldn't take much to retrofit, but cutting a hole in your roof is not for the faint of heart.
                  Here's the link to the picture.

http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hoste.../f00889/01.jpg

Comment

Actually, I meant the updated pics of your car. BTW, whether or not you decide to keep the ACS pieces, you should pick up this ACS decal set http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=184432 to complete the look.
                    sigpic
                    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Here are the updated smaller pics

Comment

Now's a good time to repair the broken front lip. It was not only cracked, it was split. it was only held by zipties. the PO drilled holes to both the lip and the valance and attached it to the valance with zipties. Now the lip has 6 or 7 drill holes.

Comment

Working...
                        X