Giving an '84 325e some TLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving an '84 325e some TLC

Picked up a fairly beat up 325e last week on the cheap. The car is mechanically solid but thanks to a careless lady driver it's got a messed up and mismatched driverside fender/door. The rest of the paint is horribly faded Hennarot.

I've got some bits already, a 91 318is trunk lid and 87 325is front valance with fogs.

Is it worth the money/hassle to find a set of early euro bumpers or should i fix up the DB's?
    What kind of oem style options are there for side skirts an rear lower bumper kits?
    Aside from the early/late glass, are there differences in the doors on a coupe?

The car is going to be going in for a re-spray in Henna, so colour matching is not an issue right now

NOTE: I typed this on my phone, excuse the shit spelling I dont have a comp with internet
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Pics?
    I am currently working on a 87 325e. I would say try and go for the plastic bumpers, the front is easy but the back is a hassle. I am going to buy a dremel and get to work for the back bumper.
    GL with your project :up:

1987 - 325e Project / DD

Comment

I'll upload a few shots of the monstrosity when I get access to a computer, so far I've been keeping busy with a full swap of the interior to black sport and installing an H&R/billy sport setup with new brakes.

I've considered plastic bumpers, but I had them on my last car and am aiming for a different look this time. If I DO spend the coin to bumper swap I'd rather go the early euro route. What is a decent set of the chromies worth?
      1990 332i, 4 door
      2008 KTM 990 Superduke
      2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

I can't give you a specific price, but all i can say is they are pretty expensive, but the euro chromes are really nice, especially with a nice apron.

1987 - 325e Project / DD

Comment

I'd say keep the diving boards and use that 87 iS front air dam. those are sweet looking man. plus, not too many people do that anymore so it would be a little more unique. it can easily be pulled off too if you get a good suspension set up. but like i said, most people immediately go to plastics or euro and ditch the 87iS/DB set up. i'm starting to miss that look...

Comment

I'm working on E30 type bumpers in fiberglass to fit the E21s. Gonna be a couple weeks or more before both are ready for "production". Don't know how big a rush you're in...
            ~ Paul
            aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I'm getting a better idea what to do with the car now.

I'll be rocking the DB's with the 87is air dam. The big thing will be deciding if and what parts on the bumpers to colourmatch with the Henna going over the rest of the car. Anyone have any pics of what other guys have pulled off? A little extra inspiration never hurts
              1990 332i, 4 door
              2008 KTM 990 Superduke
              2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

eS valance with color matched surrounds (OEM painted, from a 'vert.)

Comment

Dang, that looks great! I'll hopefully be meeting with a guy named Lanny Hussey in the next couple weeks to see about getting the horrid rust patch around the tailight cut out and a clean piece welded in. Also going to chat with a paint guy in a couple days as well, get an idea on what will be involved. Spray will still be a couple months out sadly

How do you guys feel about the rocker paint? Black or colour matched? Smooth or rock guard? I've noticed these cars have a bad habit of flinging shit onto the bottom half behind the front shoes, I'm leaning towards keeping the black rockguard
                  1990 332i, 4 door
                  2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                  2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

Originally posted by siggy View Post

what is that splitter under the valence?

Comment

Originally posted by Be30riginal View Post
                      what is that splitter under the valence?
                      It's a RyanG splitter, he makes them for early & late iS spoilers.

Comment

I like my US aluminum bumpers, in fact mine are untucked and are in the process of being polished to go with the new paint :)

More pics...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          I like my US aluminum bumpers, in fact mine are untucked and are in the process of being polished to go with the new paint :)

More pics...

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/q...mer/?start=all
                          what rear valence is that ...i have an 85 and want a rear valence too

Comment

Originally posted by siggy View Post

That looks really good. Fits the car very well! Good Job!

Comment

Originally posted by Be30riginal View Post
                              what rear valence is that ...i have an 85 and want a rear valence too
                              Zinder
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                              X