Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dupli-Color Arctic White = Alpine White

More or less...

Yes, I know about paintscratch.com but this is a cheaper and easier solution for some non-mission critical components that need color matching.

I'll let you be the judge. Pretty cheap, easy to come by and looks damn near perfect IMO (slightly warm). Certainly better than the appliance white paint that so many people use to paint their bumpers and skirts. Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Last edited by ParsedOut; 11-17-2011, 01:29 PM.

Pretty cool, looks relatively similar

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
    Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
    I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Ive ussed it before. My cowcatcher has seen better days. So i uss it as touch up till i get it done right.
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Very useful, thanks. I replaced my hood bracket (where the shock attaches) and I left it primer black for the time being.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Lol wash your damn car ;). It looks good enough for valences, but I don't think I'd do anything more than that. MAYBE a bumper. Maybe..
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Nice!!!! I almost bought this paint a while ago to paint my valance. But now Ill try it out on fenders and hood, and valance when I get my car back from the body shop

Comment

You all have to be kidding me. Even in the picture, it looks waaaay off.

The sample piece looks yellower than the car.
              Recent Rebranding!!
              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
              Instagram.com/garageaholic
              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Now that you say that, on my phone it looks more yellow, but on my computer screen it looks perfect. I'm going to give it a shot and see what it looks like IRL. It's worth a $5 try.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I said it was a bit warmer, but in person it looks damn close. Look, if you want perfection go to a body shop. Just trying to get some info out there, if it's too yellow for you then now you know and you're welcome.

Yes the car is dirty... it's a beater and on jackstands more than on the road at the moment. Hence the "close enough" color match. ;)

Comment

nice i might have to do this on my chipped up valence even if it is slightly off it will look better than it does now

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post

Says the guy that roller painted his car. :-?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

ill be giving it a try next week when iget my car back from the body shop, ill test it out on the bumper since its black....and if its a good enough look ill paint the red fenders, black valance and hood

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post

Agreed.

But am I the only one who gets things painted by professionals??
                          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                            Agreed.

But am I the only one who gets things painted by professionals??
                            Too bad you don't have the same standards when it comes to buying and driving on drilled wheels. :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                              Too bad you don't have the same standards when it comes to buying and driving on drilled wheels.
                              I thought it was normal for most of the world to value vanity over sanity? And pay rediculous amounts of money for it?

Proud sane person.
                              Gibabbaba flabba (TimR style rant here)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X