$700.00 total for paint, rust repair and scratches!!! In Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$700.00 total for paint, rust repair and scratches!!! In Minnesota

Hey guys, I just dropped off my E30 to a guy I know that is painting the car to its' original color, plus install the new front apron (m-tech 1) with match coloring, plus installing Ford Taurus side skirts (yes, he's cutting it), plus working with some minor/tiny rust only visible to a autobody-detective, plus he's also realigning the front-right bumper of the car due to a very slight accident. He's also going to paint and install the new E28 spoiler.

He's doing all of this for $700.00 cash.

I'll let you all know about his work as soon as he finishes the car. I'll definitely post pictures. I told him that I will mention his name and his work on here. I've seen some of his work and they're pretty good so I hope he does a good job with my E30, I guess we'll know after the car is done.

Meng

good quietly paint alone will cost 700+ do to the whole car.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
      this. I honestly WOULD NOT want to pay 700 for a paintjob.

Comment

Originally posted by jafxod View Post
        this. I honestly would not want to pay 700 for a paintjob.
        x2
        Tuck tire. Poke rim.

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post

Yes, a good qaulity paint job is expensive!!! My last car cost me $1,200.00 to paint the car, original color. It was recommended by my Saab bodyshop. BTW FYI, I used to be a proud owner of a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero 5 speed. I sold it a month ago.:neutral:

We'll see how my E30 turns out. He has a 2 year warrenty on his paint and body work. :)

Comment

Hey guys i am the one working on mengs car (mini612) the reason i only charged him 700 is because he pretty much agreed to be my walking and driving commercial so i decided to hook him up so he can get the word out

heres links to some of my work
            HTML Code:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipXml7JMPc
            HTML Code:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U61CvL4rWyQ&feature=related
            if you have any questions please let me know of any questions you have?

-Dmitriy

Comment

Good thing you came in here protect your name. People can often are quick to judge on this forum.

Comment

Damn. If you do others for 700. No rust removal needed, just minor body work. I might have some business for you. Maybe.
                The woman's e30's paint is faded to shit. But has zero rust and no accident history.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Dam that is cheap! I spent over 500 in materials on body filler, sandpaper, primer, transtar max clear and ppg omni paint. I priced out Glasurit and it was double that. Good deal here... In for pics
                  My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                    Damn. If you do others for 700. No rust removal needed, just minor body work. I might have some business for you. Maybe.
                    The woman's e30's paint is faded to shit. But has zero rust and no accident history.
                    Depends on the color give me the paint code ill let you know cause when paint is faiding you have to pretty Mich strip or feather out those spots really good so the paint you put on doesn't turn out bad and stocks good proper adhesion is important

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
                      Dam that is cheap! I spent over 500 in materials on body filler, sandpaper, primer, transtar max clear and ppg omni paint. I priced out Glasurit and it was double that. Good deal here... In for pics
                      Yes materials are very expensive but when.you have a dealer discount and buy alot then the prices get loweralso some materials you just pay for the name so gotta watch out for that

Comment

When its done, I can inspect it... then give you money to do my car.
                        Tri color fabric for sale here!
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Skrynnik, didn't even know you came in here already...welcome... :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Erik j View Post
                            When its done, I can inspect it... then give you money to do my car.

Will do.

Comment

Don't forget that this guy doesn't pay retail for paint and materials. They get jobbers price which is much less than retail.

Comment

Working...
                              X