Rear spring top rust removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear spring top rust removal?

I tried to search already. Ok, so I just traded for a different e30 and started to tear into the suspension. The driver's side rear spring top perch area is badly rusted on the body. Too much so where I don't think that metal can be saved.

Does anyone know of a place that sells new pre-cut metal for that spot? Or any other ideas/tricks other than welding new metal in?

Thanks for any help
    Current Moneypits: e36 m3/4/5 Turbo Techno
    1961 Cadillac deVille bagged -
    IG @bryang513

Originally posted by ballski View Post
    I tried to search already. Ok, so I just traded for a different e30 and started to tear into the suspension. The driver's side rear spring top perch area is badly rusted on the body. Too much so where I don't think that metal can be saved.

Does anyone know of a place that sells new pre-cut metal for that spot? Or any other ideas/tricks other than welding new metal in?

Thanks for any help

You may still be able to get them through BMW. If you can, it should be part number 41111962065 for the drivers side, and part number 41111962066 for the passenger side.

If they are discontinued, you may need to cut the piece from a parts car, or rebuild it from scratch with the appropriate size sheet metal.

It's part number 5 in this diagram:

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

o damn, looks like the driver's side is no longer available.

Any other places to buy from before I try to find a good donor car and cut one from there?
      Current Moneypits: e36 m3/4/5 Turbo Techno
      1961 Cadillac deVille bagged -
      IG @bryang513

Comment

Don't go off of realoem.com, call a dealer. Sometimes things go back into production, or were never out of production to begin with. And sometimes they have stock in the warehouses, even if it is discontinued.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Have the same issue. What did you end up doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Comment

'90 zinno 325iS

Comment

Still available from Pelican Parts too. How easily could a weld shop weld this piece in for me?

Comment

Working...
              X