BMW e30 325i convertible 3m 1080 matte dark gray/ brushed steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW e30 325i convertible 3m 1080 matte dark gray/ brushed steel

so i finally got a chance to take some pics of my e30 project today!! 1991 BMW e30 325i convertible. so far i've got the body the way i want, ding free for the most part, shaved antenna & trunk 3rd brake light (us models only). got the car disassembled as much as needed and started wrapping it! base color is 3m 1080 matte dark gray, with 3m 1080 brushed steel on the top. will be separated by a matte black pinstripe at the high body line all around. mirror housing & front windshield frame will also be matte black. mirror face ( area facing you when you are looking at the car will also be brushed steel. will be doing the door jams & the actual door as well, and maybe some of the jam area around the trunk opening. got the ford taurus sideskirts and front lip done as well. so far i'm into this about 12-15hrs... probably got another 10 to go on wrapping & reassembly... so far so good! Wu! Wraps

Wow, that looks really good actually. But your not gunna care about the white on door jams or around the trunk? Or is that going to be wrapped also?
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Sweet

Comment

MT325is: yes all door jams & other jams will be wrapped as well, haven't got there yet...

ONELOVE: thanks!!

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product!!!
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

As a fellow wrapper, I gotta say you are doing an incredible job here
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
              As a fellow wrapper

This is gonna be awesome with that color combo. Nice work for sure.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

not bad...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

1080 is god gift to us wrappers. I can't believe how easy it makes life.

Comment

I am really, really loving that color!

Comment

Bravo! Dang, I like all that is going on here! In for final product...especially to see how your skirts look mounted.

COTM

Comment

sup guys, thanks for the comments!

put another 2.5hrs into the e30 today. did the is rear trunk spoiler in a two tone to follow some of the lines i want. did the handles in the body color since i never liked how the e30 has this super boring door handle and it's black... lastly did the 2 mirrors in 3m 1080 matte black, NOT FUN! but came out pretty good. so far so good tho! Wu! Wraps

still got 1 fender, 1 door, 1 quarter, front lower valence area, rear lower valence area, rear bumper, convertible cow, windshield frame, and all the brushed steel accents to go... been too cold and too dark lately to get crackin on the car... no rush tho!

Comment

UPDATE:

got the front lower valence & passenger door doone. started on the door jams... prob 2hrs into those parts alone. nothing too exciting for pics, but i'll get some once at least the entire car is wrapped. stay tuned!!

Comment

Any updates on this? Cannot wait to see the car finished!

Comment

Damn your good and this stuff. Your doing door jams too! i want pics :)

Comment

Working...
                              X