Dupli-Color Touch-up Repair kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dupli-Color Touch-up Repair kit

In the last week, I've gone to a few body shops, asking around for the best method to repair the paint damage from when I pulled my front fender lip a few weeks ago, some paint chipped off around the pull. 3 guys at 4 different shops told me that at Wal-Mart, I could find this kit called the Dupli-Color Premium Touch-Up Repair Kit. It was only $15, plus another $5 for the little bottle of paint in my color. Check out all this stuff, not bad for $15! Sanding pads, primer, putty, wet sanding pads, the works! Can't wait to use it.

Scratch Fix 2 in 1™ Filler Primer
    Scratch Fix 2 in 1™ Clear Top Coat with the new 2 in 1 applicator.
    An ergonomically contoured half-moon sanding pad. This precision tool is perfect for scratches and chips and as a sanding pad for wet sanding paint.
    3 self-adhesive 2000 grit sanding discs for sanding pad
    Premium Glazing & Spot Putty for deep chips and scratches
    Ultra Finishing Polishing Compound

if you actaully get it looking good do a write up. I didnt get that kit but i tried a few methods including this specail chamical stuff thats supposed to remove the exess touch up paint. I havent really tried the wet sanding though. My car has some scratches from being keyed (before i got it) and while it may never look perfect it would be cool to get it to look ok. I already have some of the primer, maybe i will just get some 2000 grit paper. I have 1500 but that might be too strong.

Comment

For sure, I'll take some pics and try to document as much of it as I can. Like I said, a few different guys at shops reccomended it, so we'll have to see. Hopefully if the weather stays nice this weekend, I'll do it then.

So has anyone here ever used this kit, or know of anyone that has? What kind of results did you get? I found a few threads about it by doing a google search, and a few people said that they loved the ball-point end of the touch up paint bottle, because it offered much better control of the paint.

Comment

It's just the inner metal of your fender, I wouldn't worry about it that much. Just cover it with paint so there is no rust and nobody is going to notice. My fenders are wavy from being pulled so much (you can see it in pics if you look close) and the chipped paint has a fine layer of rust but nobody has ever noticed it before.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Josh.

My car has a couple deep chips. The paint job that was done on my car this summer sucks and I have paint chipping up all over the place. Im gonna deffinatly try this. Will they match paint at Wal-mart? I doubt they would have championship white on there shelves. Deffinatly let us know how it goes.

Comment

TJ, the paint that chipped and was damaged is on the outside of the fender where the crease in the metal is.

Comment

Comment

the dealer has touch up paints that match your car color for like20-30 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                  TJ, the paint that chipped and was damaged is on the outside of the fender where the crease in the metal is.
                  So is mine.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                    I doubt I could find chevy paint that matched the Chamionship white. Meh guess I could try.

Josh you bought your paint from the Stealer?

Comment

sorry i couldn't find a google image for "bmw touch up paint"

and i think he mentioned he already got paint. i just wanted to put in my .02 that who cares and just touch it up. but i am not the deepest worrier about cosmetics though...

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                        sorry i couldn't find a google image for "bmw touch up paint"

and i think he mentioned he already got paint. i just wanted to put in my .02 that who cares and just touch it up. but i am not the deepest worrier about cosmetics though...

No doubt.

I do care on the other hand. I just had my car painted a 4 stage white and I want it lookin good. Im still waiting on Josh's answer though.

Comment

Touchup paint.

Spray can for $25.
                          Paint stick for $10.
                          Color matched to BMW paint code. Also clear coat and other stuff.
                          The best!
                          Easily find your color and order the same automotive touch up paint used by industry professionals. Match to factory color guaranteed. Get started now.

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
                              any updates?
                              Well, I got the bent out part of the fender rolled back in, but no paint work until this shit clears up... poor car.

Comment

Working...
                              X