bodywork guru question on fitting this roof wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
    That isn't even close to fitting. Sleep on it first it's going to look like a retarded ricer.

can fit which is why i made this post. im not asking nor care if you think its ricer or not.

Comment

Oliver's method of making the wing out of fiberglass would be best, but if you don't have that ability you could conceivably trim out the center until the leading edge matches the curve of the roof...then you would have to bond it effectively.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

What is it made out of? Is it flexible enough that you could make it fit by pressing down on it?
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          Oliver's method of making the wing out of fiberglass would be best, but if you don't have that ability you could conceivably trim out the center until the leading edge matches the curve of the roof...then you would have to bond it effectively.
          trying to figure out how to trim it to get the curve of the window. cant see how i can make a template

i got the idea after looking at the wagons.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by grays View Post
            trying to figure out how to trim it to get the curve of the window. cant see how i can make a template

i got the idea after looking at the wagons.
            Do it in steps and continue holding it up to the window to see what needs removal next.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Start from the middle and make your way to the edges, good luck.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Any updates on progress? If you decide to start working with plastic or fiber glass you could also consider pro - grade auto body glue. Do you ever come to the Boston area?

Comment

ebay... also for the one you have i have seen windsheilds with a hole for an antenna. So if it has mounting tabs have a glass place drill holes in the glass then mount it but will you still have the contour issue. i would go with the ebay one.

Comment

dont like the ebay one, to big and flat

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                      Any updates on progress? If you decide to start working with plastic or fiber glass you could also consider pro - grade auto body glue. Do you ever come to the Boston area?
                      going to heat it up and bend it 1st and see what to trim later on today when i get home. never been out to boston.

Comment

so far had to cut in 3 sections. i got both corners trimmed and had to use my heatgun.
                        now i have to trim the back of the middle part then i can weld the 3 parts sometime this week.

Comment

Wait...weld? What are you going to use?

Comment

plastic welding to make the 3 peices whole.
                            i always just use the old plastic that was trimmed off with my old soldering iron

link if anyone want to know about plastic welding
                            Last edited by grays; 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X