E46 Flares on E30... The Beginning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 Flares on E30... The Beginning.

Ok, so I finally got around to starting this. After about an hour of work this is what I've come up with so far.

On a guy just trying to fit regular size wide wheels and tyres no dumped at 70mm down in the front. This mod would work with just some cutting, welding and and a little body work.

I also have a e36 front suspension, with 25mm spacer and the lower part of my fender is pulled out, as I'm also working on another aero mod there.

I'm still waiting on my front e46 M3 fenders to arrive for the rear as I want to fit the wheels from the old "race car" onto this one.

I say another couple hours of work in the front, and it will fit like factory. especially once welded up. Road wheels I plan on running 235 40 17 up front, as the current 225 45 semi's have way too big of a OD for an e30 at this height. Rear would prob be 255 40's

That looks good, interested to see rears as well.

Comment

Managed to get some more work done on the front of the car. The flare now fits perfectly except for me who trimmed the fender a bit aggressively, but it will be fixed as soon as I get them welded

I also started with the mockup of my aero plans, looks rough now but will look great once all welded up and body worked.

Just wanted to get the wide body buttoned up then finish the management and send it off for a respray, and rust repair (or I may possibly do the rust repair myself.

Still waiting on the M3 fenders, but mocked up a standard e46 flare and it gives about half an inch more room than my already incredily rolled and pulled stock fenders. On a wheel with a 245 40 17x8j et46 with 30mm spacers on M3 rear suspension.

Comment

Had a chance to snap some pictures this afternoon (sorry damn iPad take crummy pictures).

As can be seen it's really rough, but you get the idea. I still need to trim the inside of the front fender down to open it up for air flow. There will also be a set of skirts going onto the car with the extreme flare. I also plan on doing something with the front valance to cover the bottom of the front wheel as it has always bugged me how an e30 running wide wheels the bottom sticks out.

In the rear, well I just wanted to see what the standard flare would look like, so I trimmed it roughly and slapped it into position, it gives about half an inch (12mm) more width in the rear over my already aggressively rolled and pulled rears. So my 10.5 in rears should hopefully fit with the m3 flares.

Can't wait to get these all welded up and body worked. I can see the end result just to make it happen.

Comment

Yeah, I think you have some good ideas, keep it up!

Comment

Looking good!

COTM

Comment

Just trying to find a mig welder to hire for the weekend, then I should hopefully be able to get it all tacked together in the front.

Here is quick screen shot of my new brake disk bell for floating disk.

Comment

In for more info on brakes

Comment

If you look closely in the pictures you can see I currently have AP Racing callipers in the front on my e36 struts.

The problem with them is that the bell offset is very high, as they came off a 350Z, so I'm getting new ones made up, which reduces the offset to e36 specs, but I made the mounting face slightly thicker to clear the spokes with my calliper.

I've also got a line on a set of BBS LM's...
                  Last edited by SA E30; 04-27-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Not much yet! Just waiting on my e46 m3 fenders and 17x8 BBS LM's to arrive.

Once the rear is mocked up. It will all get welded and ill start on body working them.

Also trying to finish up te cold side boost pipes. Too many projects it seems.

Comment

sub'd

1984 eta
                        1964 1600 Roadster

Comment

I want that kombi in the background....Isn't that what you guys call them in SA??

Comment

What the hell is going on with your hood
                            -His-
                            87 e30 325i
                            87 e24 m6
                            05 e83 x3
                            94 e32 740i 5spd
                            -Hers-
                            89 e30 325i
                            18 f48 x1

Comment

continue sir
                              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                              Got Drop?? ;-)
                              Originally posted by JinormusJ
                              But of course
                              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                              X