SEM, Wurth or 3M chip guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEM, Wurth or 3M chip guard?

Has anyone used any of these spray bombs to match the textured area below the rear bumper on 325IX models, with good results matching the factory texture? The rust holes on mine engulfed both the lower black area, and the upper (directly under the bumper) area which happens to be brillantrot. I had to grind away the factory textured paint and material to get to bare metal. I'm now in primer, but both (driver and pass side) repairs are now smooth. Googleing, I found these three products. Some products are offered in either a "light" or "moderate to heavy" texture. I'm thinking the BMW factory texture would be "moderate to heavy."
    Thanks, Jim

bump for same info
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I have the Wurth Trim paint on my E30. It matches perfectly and has quite good adhesion. However, I used it over the chrome trim as well when I painted my car and after a few car washes (read: powerwashes) it is starting to flake off in a few areas.
      REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

use 3m Body schutz to match the texture. Or if you just want it black any of the items you listed will work
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Update

I was leaning towards wurth, however bought a can of SEM #39793 - Heavy texture chip guard, opaque - because my local auto body supply shop had it on the shelf. The counter guy was knowledgeable and confident it will do the job. Will get a test coat on a spare piece of metal today before I spray on the repair.

Comment

I use a chip guard that Lowe's stocks. 3 years and going strong on my brother's e30. Used it for the front valance and rockers.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I used SEM 39813 in satin black. Somewhere in my build thread are pics.
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

The wurth is hard to match out of a rattle can. To do it right, you need their adjustable sprayer gun. You can knock down the high peaks with a DA and 220 with the rattle cans and it will match though.
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                X