Looking for someone with buff and polish expirience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i was about to purchase a machine polisher, pads, some poor boys, and wax till i realized it was going to run me in the range of 200-300. That seems like a lot of cash for something that i'm going to use once in a blue moon (obviously the polisher and wax will be used more often) and seeing how i am doing this as a step before deciding if i need a new paint job.

So now my question is, does anyone in the sfv either do cut and polish for a fee, or is anyone willing to lend some time and their extra materials to help me out before bimmer fest?

Hey man, I'm in no way from that area, but I would post on the Autopia forum if I were you. Those people will know of plenty of great detailers out in California.

Comment

A single paint correction session will probably cost you $200-300. Might as well buy the equipment and save yourself some cash from now on.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Check out Harbor Freight's DA. I picked one up after reading a lot of good things about it. Works very well. On sale with a 20% off coupon, they are $46.

I went with Meguiars 105 and 205 along with Griot's pads and NXT wax and spent around $100 total including the polisher.

Comment

If you don't want to shell out the coin for a forced rotation polisher like the Flex 3401VG or a Rupes Big Foot, you can try the Porter Cable 7424XP ($120). It will put a hurting on your hands and requires a lot of work for good results, but it's smooth and easy to use. There are even 4" pad adapters for it for smaller areas/panels.

I have had good luck with a variety of products, but Surf City Garage has come out with a new pro line of products that's killer. They will be releasing pads and polishes soon, so check them out.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I have done a good amount of detailing for several years.
          1990 325i

Comment

Working...
          X