zymol and zaino battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zymol and zaino battle

well i was searching around for waxes to use and i came across someone saying that cheap zymol is made by turtle wax, well i caught my attention and i had to investigate. I came up with nothing on the truth, but i have this instead http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

reading this forum you'd think griot's was the only detail product manufacturer around. gotta look into this zaino stuff.

Comment

Klasse All in One and Sealant Glaze are all you will ever need for a perfect shine
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
        Klasse All in One and Sealant Glaze are all you will ever need for a perfect shine

you swear by that stuff dont you? haha

Comment

3m perfect it polishes then some nice zymol wax
          shiny
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

THe wax you choose really depends upon the effort you want to put in, the money you want to spend, and the results you want. If you want to be able to run down to the local auto store for all your prodcuts 3M all the way. They make excellent products for the price and availability. If you are more serious you will want to start going the Zaino, Zymol, Griot's route, all 3 of which are good prodcuts. I am partial to Griot's becasue I work there and know all of the products in and out, but I know you can get results from other companies as well. One thing I recommend everyone stay away from is glazes and silicon based products. Glazes are gonna only hide imperfections and not remove them. Why hide the problem when you can fix it? Also silicon is bad for your paint in the long run. Paint needs to breath, and when you use a silicon based wax you are suffocating the paint and this will speep up the oxidation process. I can't go too indepth in this post cause I gotta go to class, but I can expand later if you would like. Believe me, I work for Griot's and use Griot's, but I will admit that there are other good waxes on the market. IMO from what I have used and read Griot's is the best, but there are other routes that will give you excellent results as well.
            sigpic

Comment

I use Mothers and it is a great product

Comment

most of the stuff i wash my car with is from griots, except the hd cleanse and the wax from zymol, if your gonna use zymol wax spend the extra money on getting hdcleanse, itll improve the life of the wax job
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

spray on wax ftw

Comment

Zaino is the best stuff out there period. Give it a try and you'll never
                    use anything else. They also have the best tire/vinyl dressing , nothing like it anywhere.

Comment

Yah right, I hate Zaino. P21S is what real professional detailers use, like myself.

Comment

the zymol creme/carbon wax is excellent, especially for the price. their cleaner wax works pretty well too, and I don't think turtle wax has anything to do with zymol..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by adept
                          Yah right, I hate Zaino. P21S is what real professional detailers use, like myself.
                          Detailing University huh? Anyway, I'm not impressed with P21s.
                          It comes down to personal preference, for the money Zaino products
                          wins hands down.

Comment

i find using a all in one wax like klasse, or autoglym or anything else that is synthetic wax, then go over with a pure carnauba wax like p21s or etc. a couple times and your car will shine, but the carnauba wax does evaporate and will wash off after a while.
                            Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

I've always been partial towards the Exxon drive through laser wash by my house... it does a great job everytime!

I'm just kidding.

But for real though... I agree with this guy
                              Originally posted by Spaz
                              i find using a all in one wax like klasse, or autoglym or anything else that is synthetic wax, then go over with a pure carnauba wax like p21s or etc. a couple times and your car will shine
                              Take it from these guys

Its all about layering!
                              Last edited by silversleeper; 07-05-2006, 05:34 AM.
                              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Working...
                              X