Plasti dip roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasti dip roof?

My e30 has paint fade really badly and clearcoat is missing on most of the roof and it just looks terrible. I was thinking about dipping the roof until I can paint the whole car this winter just to make it look alittle better, but because of the lines of the car I can't imagine it looking right, has anyone done this? If so can you post pics?
    1990 325i 5spd
    09 135i 6spd m-sport package

I did it to my car, I'll try and dig up some pics later. What I did is paint the whole roof including the pillars around the windshield and the c pillar. Then from there I just masked off the bottom of the c pillar. It looked good, definitely the cheapest route to go, but it scratches easy. Make sure to read up on how to spray plastic dip properly, I thought I knew better and it made it a bitch to come off. The reason I took it off is that its super easy to scratch and I fucked it up putting my roof rack on.

edit: Actually Im sure theres some pics on my Instagram, link should be in my sig
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Why not just regular spray paint? Then there's no need to remove it. Just paint over it.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        I did it to my car, I'll try and dig up some pics later. What I did is paint the whole roof including the pillars around the windshield and the c pillar. Then from there I just masked off the bottom of the c pillar. It looked good, definitely the cheapest route to go, but it scratches easy. Make sure to read up on how to spray plastic dip properly, I thought I knew better and it made it a bitch to come off. The reason I took it off is that its super easy to scratch and I fucked it up putting my roof rack on.

edit: Actually Im sure theres some pics on my Instagram, link should be in my sig
        The reason it scratched really easy and was a bitch to get off is because you applied it to thin. Plast-dip needs to be thick to hold up to abuse, i dipped my sister's wheels and they have been fine in over a year tell she curb rashed them. through winter and everything it is really great stuff just nice thin coats and build it up slowly, I would suggest watch some "dip your car" on youtube some great dip info and cool ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X