Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Swap Help

Hey All:

Just picked up an identical parts car and need to swap the whole passenger door. Any pointers before I do it for tools and ways to make it easier? It is a 325is.

Thanks
    1987 E30 325is (5-Speed)
    2006 E83 X3 M-Sport (Slush)
    2010 E90 328 X-Drive MSport (Slush)

another person to help
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

it does help to have another person to hold the door while you bolt everything up. If you are sure the parts car has everything functional(mirror motors, windows, etc), don't bother with swapping internal parts unless you have a tinted window. Then it's up to you whether you would rather re-tint or swap the windows.

Don't forget that you will have to swap your lock cyl unless you don't care at all.
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I've used a hydraulic floor jack to hold it at the right height. then used one hand to keep it stable and the other to put in the bolts. this is good if you don't have another person to help. but another person is best.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Wagon View Post
          I've used a hydraulic floor jack to hold it at the right height. then used one hand to keep it stable and the other to put in the bolts. this is good if you don't have another person to help. but another person is best.
          If you choose this idea be smart and use a piece of wood between the door and the jack as not to scratch it all to hell.

Comment

this is so easy, I did it by myself. Do not take the 4 bolts off from the two brackets, just take the swing pins out. No need to adjust the door at all.
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
              this is so easy, I did it by myself. Do not take the 4 bolts off from the two brackets, just take the swing pins out. No need to adjust the door at all.
              What he said. Take the pin out of the lever on the door, then remove the two 10mm? bolts from the two hinges. Lift the door straight up, mine took quite a yank but the whole door is pretty light unless you're a pansy.

Google "e30 door remove" turned up this: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...p/Door_Removal

1997 Estoril M3 Coupe 5spd
              1989 Alpine 325iS Coupe 5spd

Comment

Working...
              X