Damage... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damage... :(

Hi guys. So a couple nights ago I was unfortunately chucked into a telephone pole and there is some extensive damage... The car still runs (but overheating because of radiator/fan damage) but i'm afraid the bodywork required to get this car back to its pristine condition is going to be a bit much.. Can anyone tell me if they've had a similar crash with similar damage and if it's been fixable within a few thousand dollars? Or is my car completely fucked :(

A few things i'm currently aware of:
    • will definitely need a new bumper
    • will need a new valence
    • will most likely need a core support
    • will need a new fender
    • will need a new hood

is there any other bodywork that needs to be done? I can definitely go without having a bumper or valence for a couple months until i can afford to get them, but as for the bare necessities to get it back on the road, what do you think i'm looking at?

Thanks in advance, i'm fairly new to e30's and this car really means a lot to me sentimentally and financially. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	7241371

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3675.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	7241372

Name:	IMG_3676.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	7241373

Name:	IMG_3677.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7241374

I bought one E30 like that for parts, but I ended up fixing it. It had very similar damage as yours. Because I had old shell sitting for parts, I cut out the wrinkled damaged quarter with whole radiator support and welded it on there. It came out as new. If strut tower is pushed back then it has to go to shop on a stretch bench to pull it out. If you not going to do all the work yourself and don't have welding experience, forget it.

Comment

I think the real question is how tweeked is the suspension?

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
        I think the real question is how tweeked is the suspension?
        I checked out the struts and the suspension seems to be in okay shape. I actually drove the car home right after the crash a good 10+ miles and it still felt completely intact besides the gaping hole in the front. However, underneath where the wiper fluid reservoir sits, the body seems to have crumpled a bit, and am wondering if thats going to have to be custom pulling/shaping/rebuilding. I'm really not too worried about finding a bumper or valence, more looking to do what is necessary as of right now to get it back on the road as soon as possible :(

Comment

Sad first post.
          Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
            Sad first post.
            Good luck

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

With the way the bumper is pushed back, I would be concerned about the right rail - the stuff outside of that is relatively easy (so to speak) but if you're seriously considering fixing it - get it to a reputable shop with a frame rack and see what the measurements are. This will give you a good idea of what you're getting into - if the unibody isn't right, nothing will fit or line up properly.
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

Remove body panels: bumper, fender, hood and valance. Check out how much it's tweaked. Take some pictures.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Judging from the way the bumper sits you have slight rail damage. This will require taking it to a shop to pull some. Take a pic of the engine bay were the damage was done. That way it can be confirmed. It's still a fixable car however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  323i MTEC1
                  Z3 coupe
                  E60 M5

Comment

Check your geometry: strut tower, engine support and carrier position. Subframe might be out of whack too.
                    My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Working...
                    X