IS/sport package body parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS/sport package body parts

I have seen the small lip/wing on the trunk lid and the front lower lip on the front valence on the late plastic bumpers, but in some threads peolpe have alluded to the front valence being "deeper" on the IS models and the side skirts being different. Could anyone illustrate these differences or at least explain them? was there an IS piece that went on/below the rear bumper? Finally, did the front IS lip come stock painted or unpainted? Thanks for the info....I am a noob but I have searched

what year are you talking about? if 88+, all front valances are the same (except maybe some of the cabbies that still had the older style). the only difference would be some came with the "i" front lip-spoiler while others came with the "is" front lip-spoiler. that is probably the difference that you are thinking of.

new IS lips come primer gray from BMW, but if it came with your car it would have been body colored.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks, so is there a difference in the side skirts?

Comment

is side skirts.

Check realoem.com for pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Giant
          thanks, so is there a difference in the side skirts?
          Well, the "is" cars did not get sideskirts.

Only the '91 325i sport got the sideskirts. In 1991, they didn't make a 325is but instead they sold it as a 325i with a sport package, which included everything that an "is" came with plus sideskirts.

-Erik

Comment

Working...
          X