This Heckblende...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mucoyekul87ETA View Post
    This has been intriguing, after ST1G chastised me, I did go over to my Pops' garage for a more thorough search, and I found it.

However, I am an asshole for being so indignant. I didn't even look that hard when I removed this part, and although it was ages ago, I was so certain that it was black plastic...its not.

IT IS indeed a BMW heckblende painted black. Part number I found on it was 8212 9 401 143.
    FWIW there is a black one, but it's just smooth without the grooves that match the taillights

I am beside myself now wondering why someone would have painted this.
    Because the reflective one is ugly? (I like the euro version though)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Your car looks very familiar. You had it long?
      I have been waiting for someone to say this... I've had the car now for 2 years, but I bought it from a friend, her name is Kim. I promised her when I bought it that I was gonna show it some love. Do you know the car?
      Last edited by mucoyekul87ETA; 02-21-2015, 11:05 PM.

'87 325
      '89 325is
      '90 325i
      '67 Buick Skylark --SOLD 5/2015--

Comment

Ugh I found one of these at a junkyard and stepped on it and broke it because it looked trashy as hell (looks awsome on certain cars)

Almost cried when I found out they sell for 200 and possibly my greatest junkyard find (would cost less then 5$)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
          Ugh I found one of these at a junkyard and stepped on it and broke it because it looked trashy as hell (looks awsome on certain cars)

Almost cried when I found out they sell for 200 and possibly my greatest junkyard find (would cost less then 5$)
          The fact that would would just break it because you didn't like it is "trashy as hell". You're probably one of those guys that breaks half of the car to get out the part you need. It's sickens me.

Comment

^^^^^
            Nailed it

I am supream god of all car parts and what I say goes

And it went
            Last edited by Dirty325ix; 02-22-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I want a knock off, I think it looks badass painted black. No sarcasm either, too bad if they cost as much as everyone is saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mechnic View Post
                I want a knock off, I think it looks badass painted black. No sarcasm either, too bad if they cost as much as everyone is saying.

a vendor on here sells the black molded ones for like $90 shipped
                2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                (Daily Driver)
                Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                KW V2 Coilovers
                VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post

they actually sell quickly at $300.
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I have been waiting for someone to say this... I've had the car now for 2 years, but I bought it from a friend, her name is Kim. I promised her when I bought it that I was gonna show it some love. Do you know the car?
                    Exactly what I was thinking. This used to belong to Luke (stereoinstaller1) and then it belonged to Kim (his ex).
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Exactly what I was thinking. This used to belong to Luke (stereoinstaller1) and then it belonged to Kim (his ex).
                      Yup, sounds about right! She dropped a few names of people who'd know the car, and Luke was one of them.

I think it's a fantastic little zinno e30.

'87 325
                      '89 325is
                      '90 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mechnic View Post

I can't disagree with you, I also think it looks really good black.

'87 325
                        '89 325is
                        '90 325i

Comment

Yeah, I built that car for Kim years ago. Got it from a woman from Montana who was a Bigfoot hunter. There's a thread from years ago somewhere

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I am beside myself now wondering why someone would have painted this.
                            I painted it because it was fucking hideous, and with mirrors and the "other" heckblend being so beat up, I painted those too, plus all the trim.

Remember, I built that car long ago, that plate filler was given to me, so my goal was good looks, not some goal of reselling parts 10 years later.

In the meantime, your stereo likely needs some help, even though it likely sounds great still, there are some tweaks that would help.

Oh, sorry about all the hackery on the front bumper. After she wrecked the car for the 4th time she begged for help, so I patched it together best I could, but we had already split by then... So, logically, IDNGAF.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              I painted it because it was fucking hideous, and with mirrors and the "other" heckblend being so beat up, I painted those too, plus all the trim.

Remember, I built that car long ago, that plate filler was given to me, so my goal was good looks, not some goal of reselling parts 10 years later.

In the meantime, your stereo likely needs some help, even though it likely sounds great still, there are some tweaks that would help.

Oh, sorry about all the hackery on the front bumper. After she wrecked the car for the 4th time she begged for help, so I patched it together best I could, but we had already split by then... So, logically, IDNGAF.
                              I cannot deny that it looks good/better black.

This car has awful luck with the bumpers. Some clown cracked the rear bumper in a parking lot, but at least he left a note, and as you mentioned the front end on the car is a mess. I have new bumpers and a fender waiting for paint for it, though.

The car was not gonna go far when I first got it, I put a new brakes, drive shaft and shift linkage in her, and it makes a good daily. But now I'm trying to get her purdy. I actually live in Kim's old apartment, lol I took over her lease and bought her car when she moved back to OR.

Not surprisingly, the sound is still great in it, but I do indeed need an update... After I put some semblance of a car back together, you'll be hearing from me.

'87 325
                              '89 325is
                              '90 325i

Comment

I wonder if you could turn a filler plate into a pseudo-heckblende with some reflective tape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71lV4rQBm%2BL._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	9871549
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X