Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a custom valve cover?

I've seen some pretty rad custom valve covers like these ones:

I'd really like to know how this is done. I cannot see any welds and the text is perfect like it's cut with a computer.

its cut on a mill
    - 90 325is

Comment

Yup, factory covered milled down then the logo is milled into it. RobertK is the one who did those covers. This is his website:

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

RobertK is they man. There some other ones I've seen that are more or less a sticker. Not 3D, milled letters.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Oh wow, that's an expensive production method and definitely not an easy DIY-project as I was hoping for. Too many DeNiro's for my budget I'm afraid.

I might still spruce my valve cover up with some black wrinkle paint. ($12)

Comment

You can do it with masking vinyl. It wont be in 3d but it will still look nice.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Those are pretty awesome. I'd get my car's name put into mine... Elsa. :)
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by SmilesPerHour View Post
                Oh wow, that's an expensive production method and definitely not an easy DIY-project as I was hoping for. Too many DeNiro's for my budget I'm afraid.

I might still spruce my valve cover up with some black wrinkle paint. ($12)

I am the shop manager at Kadunza, so I can talk to Robert about bringing these back. I know we just started a batch of the S50 covers, so if there is enough demand we can probably make a new batch. I'll try to see if I can get him to comment.

Tyler G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up sanding and polishing the valve cover, and ended up with a pretty cool mirror finish. (=

Comment

Working...
                  X