Side trim removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side trim removal

I'm wanting to replace the side trim on my e30 but I can't for the life of me get the front and rear fender moulding off. I've tried sliding it but it won't budge a bit. I even tried pulling up and sliding but still nothing, if anybody can give me some advice I'd appreciate it. Also is there any trim removal kit that I can buy?

The front you'll have to use the trim removal tools, the rear, I've found it easier to remove interior trim and drive the center pegs out so you can push out the clips.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      The front you'll have to use the trim removal tools, the rear, I've found it easier to remove interior trim and drive the center pegs out so you can push out the clips.
      Thanks I'll try removing the rear door cards and pressing out the clips.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post

I'm not sure that is correct. For the front I think there is a screw that holds it in and to get to it, it's under the front wheel well arch/ plastic lining. The same for the rear. The door trim just slides off once you unscrew the nut on the inside of the door, toward the back of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        E30 | E46 | E53 | F31

Collection of my DIY Guides here

Comment

Working...
        X