Paint Job Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Job Cost?

What does a full paint job cost these days on an E30? I am talking done right not a hack job? Does anyone even use enamel anymore or is it all water based?

I would want a nice deep paint job that would be close to what OEM would have been like back in the day.

Just wondered what you guys figured I was going to spend.
    Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

This thread should help you. It also depends on the paint brand, sand paper, damage, ect...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=363607

Feedback Thread

Comment

I was told 4500 is going to get me showroom quality. Respray. And that was with me stripping the car as best I could. Removing glass, trim, door handles...
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

^ I second this. I was told 4500-5300 for mine, with me doing all the striping.

Comment

Used to work in the auto body industry and painted my own,

Depends on your area, but the above quotes are fairly accurate. Also, it is more difficult to find a shop that even will, though the spread from enamel to water varies, even within companies.

At my last shop, out of 9 shops they owned, only 2 sprayed water. And this is the PNW. I hate water.
          Derek-

Comment

Working...
          X