Front end Bag-of-crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end Bag-of-crap

Hey peeps. I'm trying to turn an '86 ETA into a daily driver and am getting preoccupied with the looks of it.

I just don't know what my options are here with the front end. I don't mind the diving boards, but it looks like I'm missing something under the front bumper

The black plastic thing hangin down looks like an engine guard, and it's so crappy looking, I wanna just rip it off. The problem is it's one big piece that goes all the way into the front of the wheel wells and I'm worried I would make it look worse.

Does anyone know the part/parts I'm missing?

Thanks for helping

you're missing the front lip.

Part #2: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_0568

sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      you're missing the front lip.

Part #2: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_0568

Agree with above.
      Should be an easy/inexpensive part to find. I've seen them listed for around $50. I've pulled mine and repainted it. Looks ok.

Taking off the fog lights cleans up the front as well.

Comment

You're missing the front lip. Look for a guy who just did a plastic bumper swap since you also need the front side marker and its surround. And I would keep the plastic protective cover. It fits into the lip

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! I'm thinking that the painted piece under the chrome is supposed to be visible? And then just the black plastic should be added.

Also, I'm thinking the fog lights are gonna go. They're in bad shape anyway.

Any info about that black plastic hanging in the very bottom? I think it's only a portion of the piece that was there. Is it different than the lip that I'm missing?

Comment

Also, doorman do you have a picture of your front end? Curious how that looks...

Comment

Originally posted by Jshbrwr View Post
              Also, doorman do you have a picture of your front end? Curious how that looks...

I can get a better one if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that's what I need to go for

Comment

I am using that lip on my m30 vert and like the minimalist look.
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X