damn you po

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn you po

I hope its ok if I post this here, its not an e30.

So, I got this e28 and for whatever reason the guy I got it from decided to do this.

Now, I was able to get most of the stuff off but here's what I'm left with:

It doesn't seem to come off the same way as the other stuff. Not 100% sure what he used, my first thought was sharpie but I found a paint pen in the drivers door pocket so most likely that.. Any ideas on what to try? Also, I'm not sure what's underneath the solid black but I'm hoping it's beautiful cirrusblau like the rest of the car. Is there a way I can remove that without damaging the paint underneath? I think it's just spray paint not sure.

Awww man that sucks...I guess you could try some mineral spirits or some paint remover...worst case you have to repaint the hood. GL.
    sigpic
    Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
    1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Only use liquid products on a random orbital or plain spinning buffer, and i suggest using a random orbital to prevent swirls and so you don't go through the paint. So use some rubbing compound to cut through the top bit of paint. Follow with scratch and swirl remover to take out the damage from the rubbing compound. Then wash/wax. Unless your paint is stained, it should all come out. Also, be careful around edges/corners. It's REALLY easy to cut through all the color.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to see if I can borrow a buffer. I don't think the mid part will come out, I just noticed the dark spot has a textured feel to it like it's scratched or something. That's why the pen would not come out in that particular area so I might end up having to repaint it either way.

Comment

Working...
        X