Sedan Front Doors: EURO vs USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan Front Doors: EURO vs USA

I need to replace the rusty front doors on my Touring, and was hoping to use sedan doors from a USA car. Per RealOEM, the euro and USA sedan front doors have different part numbers. Anyone know what's different?

Thanks, Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

The U.S.-spec doors have more passenger protection (side-intrusion bars) than the Euro ones.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Thanks ELVA164. So any idea whether USA doors can be used on a Euro car? Would the the manual window hardware bolt in?

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

I don't see why not, as doors are interchangeable between U.S. and Euro sedans and I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable between Euro sedans and tourings. The manual hardware should bolt into any door.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

tourings are basically the same as a sedan from the rear seats foreward. The rear doors are a different shape with window frame(same door panels), and of course, the rear seats are different.
          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
          -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by crash n' burn View Post
            tourings are basically the same as a sedan from the rear seats foreward. The rear doors are a different shape with window frame(same door panels), and of course, the rear seats are different.
            Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
            I don't see why not, as doors are interchangeable between U.S. and Euro sedans and I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable between Euro sedans and tourings. The manual hardware should bolt into any door.
            Thanks for the responses!
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Working...
            X