Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Options for valence on car with diving boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for valence on car with diving boards?

I have a Racing Dynamics spoiler that I'd like to mount to my 89' vert.
    BUT, without any rear valence it just won't look balanced. I will need to find a subtle valence to install.

What should I be looking for?

If you have diving boards on the car and it is indeed an '89, you could always swap to plastic bumpers and use whatever would fit on a later model car. I think that would open up your options.

Comment

I nearly bought another car just to take the bumpers for that reason. Sadly I didn't have anywhere to keep that car though.

I also may be one of the only people that actually likes the chrome on the bumpers. It reminds me of the 70's eras Mercedes and Jags, which I consider to be one of the best periods for car design.

Comment

I recently mounted an IS front to my early vert, and while I agree it looks a little too weak in the rear, it looks SO much better in the front. Don't let the rear stop you. Do the front and look for something for the rear. Also, from what I gather, the RD rear valence works on DBs, not just plastics. If you can find one. Good luck!
        '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
        '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
        '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

I"m in the same boat and saw this post. What front valences can I use on an DB 87? I have a buddy with an 86ES that has front valence, so those came stock, and I like it. But the IS for DB - did they even make that? For what, 1 year? I can't find an ES valence for the life of me.

Comment

I did just find this.. http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?r...th=59_79_98_99

Comment

I used vert skirts and rear apron that a customer had actually thrown in the dumpster! I never knew the brand though. The rear apron was a 3 piece apron.
              One thing I always liked about early models is that you can dramatically change the look of the front/rear. Late models always have the same front/rear valances.

Last edited by reelizmpro; 09-21-2016, 08:15 PM.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Rear 3-piece could be Zender. Looks like it in the pic. RD and Zender rears come up for sale once in a while, they're out there. Often listed as for euro bumpers but they seem to mount to early us spec just fine.

(I can't believe you used vert skirts on a coupe - looks good but they're so rare!)

Painting the bumper side-trim body-color helps too, a lot.

The front apron in my sig and reelizmpro's pics is IS for DB. Bolt on. Original brackets are usually broken but can be fabbed easily. Also since the apron is ABS it's easy to attach something to them with ABS pipe cement from a hardware store. The ES doesn't have the oil cooler cutouts in the center bottom, I believe but otherwise would also mount to the DB valence. These come up for sale pretty often. The fogs are getting hard to come by though, they are different than the fogs that bolt to the underside of the early DB.
                '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
                '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
                '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Working...
                X