Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic clips, bungs, rivets, ties - PNs and Pics

Hey everyone,

As I'm in the process of doing a complete bare metal rebuild, I successfully managed to break a whole bunch of plastic parts in the process.

I'm planning on ordering all new ones, but there are so many different types and their specific uses and locations can be tricky to work out/remember.

What I propose, and I would assume this would be a popular sticky, is a thread where we can identify each type with a pic, Part Number and brief description of its use.

How I propose this goes is, if you have any of the above information (accurate of course) then post it up. Also, as I figure bits out an order new ones, I will take nice photos when they're new and also in place, and post them up. Hopefully the end result will be a one stop thread where you can scroll through, find the pic of the broken part you are holding in your hand, and get all the info you need to order new ones.

Thoughts?

But isnt all the info already on Realoem?

Comment

It all is on RealOEM, but maybe the descriptors provided by other members would make things a bit clearer in some situations.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I have just re-checked RealOEM, and it seems to me that they have updated a lot of the diagrams? I'm sure I've struggled to find a lot of the smaller bits on there before. Much better now.

But the idea was to really provide a better visual reference i.e. photos and even accurate quantities needed etc. Was just an idea.

I must admit that my plan has come a little unstuck since the original post. I priced up a bunch of wiring loom ties and clips that I need from BMW New Zealand. I'm used to ridiculous parts prices from BMW, but these take the cake. For example, the small T shaped type clips that screw onto studs along the floor pan to hold the loom down, $15NZD each! ($10USD)

Those ladder type cable ties - anywhere from $3 to $4.50 each, for a friggen plastic tie that they still use today.

Comment

Working...
        X