Door Moulding Clips Orientation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Moulding Clips Orientation?

In reference to the exterior door moulding, does anyone have a good picture of what clips go in which holes? I saw a reeeaallly good picture a long time ago but now I can't find it for the life of me! I know there is two type of clips, I have many of both. But I can't figure out exactly where they go, I've already broken like 3 clips trying to figure it out lol.

BTW not my picture.
    Attached Files
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Found the picture (courtesy of MkII), if anyone was interested. But I believe that there are more than 4 holes on the door moulding. Will check it out...
    Attached Files
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Great reference, thanks for posting it.

Comment

Reviving an old thread....need help to identify the correct clips part numbers.

The PO had a really poor job done when painting the my convertible driver's door. The paint itself is really good, but seems they painted over the clips and installed the molding before the paint dried. Also the rear most clip was broken and missing its nut, so the molding was loose. Now that I disassembled it, I am ordering a new set of clips.

What are the correct part numbers? The quantities on the parts manual do not seem correct.
        It seems the one marked on the picture as "2" is the parts manual item # 6 51-13-1-876-128. The ones marked on the picture as "3" are the parts manual item # 9 51-13-1-829- 904. And I cannot figure out which part number is the one marked on the picture as "4".
        Do all of them assembled with the grommet (parts manual item # 7) and which one? And do all require the Cap Nut (parts manual item #8)?

Comment

Well, I kept searching and see that the rear most clip is actually part of the Molding itself, so I will have to either glue a bolt at the Molding or buy a new one. Still need help with the other part numbers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Rear Clip.JPG
Views:	1172
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	10017216
          Attached Files

Comment

This might help.

This is the last part for my bmw e30 project for paint preparation. In this video I remove the remaining door trim, weatherstrip pieces and door panels. Plea...

1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Thank you. It shows the door clips. I will wait for the channel video showing when he reassemble the rocker one. I ordered some clips and will see if I can get this done without having to order a new rocker molding.

Comment

Working...
              X