Clear All

• bradnic
    replied
    I believe the six bolts you are referring to are T25 torx, not Allen

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by johnm01 View Post
    Just to close the loop on this thread...

I took the whole sunroof mechanism apart. There is no hex screw as IRON-E suggested. I fixed my problem by getting in the car with the sunroof panel removed and pushing down on the roof to bend it at the center by the ~1/4 inch. This was a pretty savage solution but in my case it worked. I am guessing that the previous owner bend the roof up slightly somehow by wedging something into the sunroof cartridge. The car has no accident history and the alignment, body panel gaps, etc do not suggest that a collision could have caused this.
    I'll get around to my car eventualky and point out the Allen keys I used, and hex screws I tightened on the plastic brackets above the rails.

Leave a comment:

• johnm01
    replied
    Just to close the loop on this thread...

I took the whole sunroof mechanism apart. There is no hex screw as IRON-E suggested. I fixed my problem by getting in the car with the sunroof panel removed and pushing down on the roof to bend it at the center by the ~1/4 inch. This was a pretty savage solution but in my case it worked. I am guessing that the previous owner bend the roof up slightly somehow by wedging something into the sunroof cartridge. The car has no accident history and the alignment, body panel gaps, etc do not suggest that a collision could have caused this.

Leave a comment:

• HerbE30
    replied
    Yeah Cheffy. I'll be resealing it now. Any suggestions on brands or where to source a good seal?

I'll also be running new drain lines, but have that covered.

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    there are a bunch of youtube videos out there.
    the back end should be 1mm above the roof line when closed.
    the hex screw on the inside is where you adjust.
    pull the whole thing off and start fresh.
    clean that all that shit while your in there too... ;D

Leave a comment:

• HerbE30
    replied
    Originally posted by johnm01 View Post
    If you can be more specific that would be most helpful, but I thank you very much. Maybe it will become clear when I examine the mechanism more closely

Agreed. I don't recall this in the adjustment DIY.

Thank you again! I'm not as worried about my car being warped! Such a joyous day!

Leave a comment:

• johnm01
    replied
    If you can be more specific that would be most helpful, but I thank you very much. I will look for a hex screw on a plastic bracket and see what I can do. I am not getting my hopes up for success. Maybe it will become clear when I examine the mechanism more closely but right now I am baffled at how an adjustment on the sides of the frame can effect the alignment of the panel in the center.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Open the sunroof in the forward position and look to the sides (inner area). Theres a small plastic bracket that adjust with 1 hex screw. You will most likely need a second person to adjust correctly, but be careful not to over torque.

Leave a comment:

• HerbE30
    replied
    Would love to know the reasoning behind this. Mine is the same way. If the sunroof had a truss-like rod, we would be fine. But it doesn't..

I HATE to say this, but in my car, I'm afraid this is cause from the roof being warped from some sort of collision. Which is why I have held off from paint for the past little while. I don't know I believe, my car only have 1 dent. I've learned with my e30 to assume the worst.

Someone let us know!

Leave a comment:

• johnm01
    started a topic Sunroof panel misaligned at middle rear

Sunroof panel misaligned at middle rear

Photos attached. I have fiddled with the alignment screws on both sides. I can get the sides OK but the sunroof stays too low in the middle. What is going on here and how do I fix it? Looking for ideas here fellas...

Thanks,
    John

Working...
X