Gauging Interest in Front Plate Delete Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauging Interest in Front Plate Delete Panels

There used to be several people who made front license plate delete panels for E30s and other cars, but I don't think anyone is still doing them. I have access to a high quality 3D printer, and I'd like to make some of these for the community. Is there still any interest, or did people stop selling them because there's no market?

Initially they will be installed with double stick tape and will just say "BMW." I may branch into custom lettering or mounting with bolts into the license plate mount holes in the future.

The material is carbon fiber reinforced nylon that is very tough, but flexible enough to conform to the curve of the front bumper trim. It can be primed and painted, left as-printed, or you can block sand the letters smooth and leave the main part of the plate as-printed for contrast. The price will be on the order of $50 per panel plus shipping.

I'm going to print a test part tonight, and will post more pics after. Sound off if you're interested, and I'll start moving forward with buying material and such.
    Attached Files

Straight on pic showing that the lettering isn't off center like it looks in the 3/4 pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

deleted. Wrong post
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Should I have posted this in General? Or is there just no interest in these?

Comment

Yeah, not much traffic in this sub forum
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

This is the correct subforum. It's been all of 8+ hours... give it some time.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I would be interested in one for my son’s car. I do think you should print two holes in it so that it can be screwed/mounted to the bumper though. The holes can be easily covered with plugs or just left there open.
              My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
              I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I can definitely change them on the fly. I can add bolt holes in the future.

Comment

I'm interested

Comment

I'm interested!

Comment

Try posting in the group buy subforum

Comment

I'm interested for early model diving board bumper.
                        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

I printed a plate using testing (old) material. It doesn't look great, but it fits correctly. I'll print a nice one tonight and post pics tomorrow. I'll make a real for sale ad in the Classifieds after I have pics.

Comment

I'm also interested in an early model front plate delete

Comment

There was a guy who made these, he doesnt anymore. I think its a great idea. You may want to also try this in the group by forum.

I bought one from him a few years ago and love it.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X