Euro bumpers / Valance / M-Tech I/II ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär
    If your going to get a euro valance, the way i gather is that their are two different euro valance's. The early valance is what i have on my car. And the later valance 86-87 i think where you can use a oil cooler.
    more like Manual or Auto trani valence ( i think), due to lack of oil cooler on auto models.

    first pic it's from a manual euro.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Reaktionär
    replied
    If your going to get a euro valance, the way i gather is that their are two different euro valance's. The early valance is what i have on my car. And the later valance 86-87 i think where you can use a oil cooler.

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    Before I attempt cutting and installing a metal valance from an late e30 onto my early e30 I would like to confirm a couple things so I don't regret it later once all is done.

    1. euro bumpers are still availble for the early cars for something like $800 for a complete set, and don't require any modifications to fit on an early car correct ?

    2. can a newer front valance be used with front euro bumper or do I have to use an early valance ?

    3. is there a rear valance that can still be purchased for the euro bumpers ?

    4. is there a rear bumper/valance combination out there that can still be purchased for the early e30 ?

    5. what m-tech kit was made to fit the early e30, was it just M-Tech I ?


    I've read things here and there but would like to summerize it all in one spot.

    1) correct

    2) you'll use a EURO valence with integrated fog lights, see enclosed pic.
    early US valences are cut all the way around the corners/below the bumper, that would look awful when thinner Euro bumper are installed, they actually look awful with Plastics as well., late valence should look good, you'll have to trim tow hooks for it to fit., well., let me correct this...

    Euro bumpers are too thin to fill in gap on late style valences as plastic bumpers are way way fatter.

    3) there's after market rear aprons by various tuners for euro bumpers, look at e30 euro sites for pics.

    4) AFAIK, kits from ebay, actually there was a seller based in Socal that had MT2 kits for early e30's, think it sold out. look them up or ask in the general forums.

    5) yes, sir. MT1 for early e30's. that's the way to go.

    shipping such kit from Europe will cost you from 800 to 1100 buckaroos, not counting actual cost of parts. i done it a few times., group buy will be your best bet if you want to save some moola, 3 kits will cost about $ 14oo in shipping, divide it and $ 466 a kit is not a bad freight cost.

    if you want an mt1, then let me know, including euro bumpers and what nots, side skirts, etc it will be around $ 1,700 to 1,800 at your door, euro has gone up a whole bunch. a bit more if you want the MT1 rear spoiler too, probly 2 g's in all.

    I do have an MT1 kit here in the states, front it's on Delpi 325iC, rear is in storage. Zender or BBS or side skirts and e28 mt1 rear spoiler. won't let it go for unless there's a good offer.






    Last edited by fporro; 03-29-2007, 11:47 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    started a topic Euro bumpers / Valance / M-Tech I/II ?

    Euro bumpers / Valance / M-Tech I/II ?

    Before I attempt cutting and installing a metal valance from an late e30 onto my early e30 I would like to confirm a couple things so I don't regret it later once all is done.

    1. euro bumpers are still availble for the early cars for something like $800 for a complete set, and don't require any modifications to fit on an early car correct ?

    2. can a newer front valance be used with front euro bumper or do I have to use an early valance ?

    3. is there a rear valance that can still be purchased for the euro bumpers ?

    4. is there a rear bumper/valance combination out there that can still be purchased for the early e30 ?

    5. what m-tech kit was made to fit the early e30, was it just M-Tech I ?


    I've read things here and there but would like to summerize it all in one spot.
Working...