Euro bumpers / Valance / M-Tech I/II ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by fporro
    How about the rear ? Euro or Platic US bumper, Pics ?
    I don't have any pics of the rear, but it looks like any other early model with a Euro bumper in the rear...

    -Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • skota
    replied
    If I dont go for a full kit and want to get just the front valance and some euro bumpers would this still work out?
    If yes, what should I expect to spend and how would we go about finding the parts if I request you to source them?
    Hope I'm not being a pain.

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by metalvolks
    Maybe you know... I have a full M-technic I kit waiting for me in Germany... but the guy is having trouble finding shipping for less than 800-900 dollars. I was hoping that it would only cost 650-750 to get here. Do you know of a good place to go through for shipping?

    Thanks!
    Paul
    Paul, since you're SoCal local, perhaps you'll be interested on consolidating your shipment with mine, I need a set of MT1 tall iC side skirts, have a solid buyer for full mt1 kit back east and perhaps another in Mid-west, so this can happen within a few weeks.

    minimum of 3 kits to make shipping worthy.
    PM me for tel #, let's talk.

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by skota
    I'm interested in a mt1 kit but I'm a bit new all the peices included and havent ever shopped e-bay in other country's. I originally thought the peices might be available through your source in the Netherlands.
    That being said, I have an early euro front valance in the works with a local guy and think what I'd be looking for is the front spoiler, side skirts, rear apron, and bumpers. Or you could just sell me the kit you already have. :pimp:

    they can be made available, but we're not just taking offers off the air anymore.
    worry not, we usually do the shopping, i just like to give as many options as possible to buyers.

    save your money, you won't need the front euro valence at all, as the MT1 fog lights will not allow it to fit.

    what you do is trim your US valence, only part that will be of use it's section between bumper and headlight grills, it runs the full length from fender to fender corner, acts as a filler for that gap.
    Last edited by fporro; 06-28-2007, 07:31 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • skota
    replied
    I'm interested in a mt1 kit but I'm a bit new all the peices included and havent ever shopped e-bay in other country's. I originally thought the peices might be available through your source in the Netherlands.
    That being said, I have an early euro front valance in the works with a local guy and think what I'd be looking for is the front spoiler, side skirts, rear apron, and bumpers. Or you could just sell me the kit you already have. :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by erik325i
    Yeah, the pieces are available new. I bought a new center chrome section for a front bumper a year ago from BMA for around $120. The side sections were around $100. I'd imagine a complete set would cost more than $800 though.


    I've done it. It required cutting and welding the valence to shorten the space for the skinnier euro bumper.

    How about the rear ? Euro or Platic US bumper, Pics ?

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by skota
    I might be able to go in on a group-buy, If we can get a third person interested, have your freind in the Netherlands confirm he has the parts available and get a final $quote.

    BTW, I'm also looking for euro bumpers.
    So, you're looking for full kit ?
    whole kits includes side skirts, door/fender & 1/4 panels too (MT2's), front bumper with spoiler (and fog lights MT1's), rear bumper with apron, rear trunk spoiler too.

    My terms and don't be discourage by them,
    I'll give you the whole run down at once so you can make up your mind without going through 50 emails....

    What I do is gather 3 serious buyers, then and only then take a 50% deposit for the parts, purchase them, then ship it all (combined) to West Coast for redistribution., full door to door service. insured and traceable.
    As business reference, my ebay id "fporro" with 2,000 + feedbacks and paypal is same as this email address, verified with over 1,600 transactions.

    Done it differently before and I'm no longer willing to front out my monies without serious commitments,
    then, have buyer back out and leave me holding the bag. hope you can understand my position.

    I go as far as give the option to buyers so they can choose kits them self from ebay's in Europe, and, state their purchasing price too., buyer has a month worth of time (4 weeks) within to choose and decide to purchase the kit.
    Something for thoughts, a 150 Euro (East European) kit will incur larger inland transportation fees than a Western European kit, so don't be penny wise and pound foolish. there.

    Please do understand that purchasing, shipping to Netherlands, receiving, storage, repacking, arranging shipping, receiving, clearing customs & dealing with brokers, repacking and reshipping as well as a ton of other details don't happen by them self, it's very time and labor consuming., hence, a kit that cost +/- 450 Euros, be it MTechnic 1 or mt2 will turn into a $1,100US to $ 1,600US at your door very quickly.

    Also, shipping quotes/expenses vary from carrier to carrier and seasons. hence slack in prices.
    all expenses will be prorated per individual kit, so as mentioned on above paragraph.
    Fair is fair and one buyer should not get stuck / penalized with other's expenses.

    cheerios,
    Frank
    Last edited by fporro; 06-27-2007, 09:51 AM. Reason: more details

    Leave a comment:


  • erik325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    1. euro bumpers are still availble for the early cars for something like $800 for a complete set, and don't require any modifications to fit on an early car correct ?
    Yeah, the pieces are available new. I bought a new center chrome section for a front bumper a year ago from BMA for around $120. The side sections were around $100. I'd imagine a complete set would cost more than $800 though.

    Originally posted by Jean
    2. can a newer front valance be used with front euro bumper or do I have to use an early valance ?
    I've done it. It required cutting and welding the valence to shorten the space for the skinnier euro bumper.



    Originally posted by Jean
    5. what m-tech kit was made to fit the early e30, was it just M-Tech I ?
    Just Mtech I


    -Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • skota
    replied
    mt1 kit

    I might be able to go in on a group-buy, If we can get a third person interested, have your freind in the Netherlands confirm he has the parts available and get a final $quote.

    BTW, I'm also looking for euro bumpers.

    Leave a comment:


  • metalvolks
    replied
    Originally posted by fporro
    hi Paul,

    yes and no,

    have them but yet to decide it full mt1 or 2 on Grey iC, so can't sell them yet. btw, no side skirts.

    do have a good contact in Netherlands and parts are available, but, shipping expenses can reach $ 1,000 at the the very least.
    if you can find another buyer or 2 then s/h will only increase by 300 to $400 (avrg $ 1400 s/h for 3 kits), split expenses and you'll be dandy.
    Oh and by the way... I have a full M-technic II kit for sale if you want to trade (M-technic I valance) and cash :D

    Paul

    Leave a comment:


  • metalvolks
    replied
    Originally posted by fporro
    hi Paul,

    yes and no,

    have them but yet to decide it full mt1 or 2 on Grey iC, so can't sell them yet. btw, no side skirts.

    do have a good contact in Netherlands and parts are available, but, shipping expenses can reach $ 1,000 at the the very least.
    if you can find another buyer or 2 then s/h will only increase by 300 to $400 (avrg $ 1400 s/h for 3 kits), split expenses and you'll be dandy.

    Maybe you know... I have a full M-technic I kit waiting for me in Germany... but the guy is having trouble finding shipping for less than 800-900 dollars. I was hoping that it would only cost 650-750 to get here. Do you know of a good place to go through for shipping?

    Thanks!
    Paul

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    hi Paul,

    yes and no,

    have them but yet to decide it full mt1 or 2 on Grey iC, so can't sell them yet. btw, no side skirts.

    do have a good contact in Netherlands and parts are available, but, shipping expenses can reach $ 1,000 at the the very least.
    if you can find another buyer or 2 then s/h will only increase by 300 to $400 (avrg $ 1400 s/h for 3 kits), split expenses and you'll be dandy.

    Leave a comment:


  • metalvolks
    replied
    Frank - I might have asked you before (and I know this is an older thread), but do you have that M-tech I front spoiler/valance still available?? Also any sideskirts?

    Paul

    Leave a comment:


  • fporro
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär
    I found a thread that explains the different valances http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=euro+fogs and the other valance is on the convertable in the pictures. But the OP is going to cover the valance with a M-Tech1 valance so it may not matter.
    uhm, when i installed my MT1 i had to cut the US early valence, only section i used was the piece/lip that sits just below the headlights/grills aka gap to euro bumper., otherwise took everything else off.

    never try to install the Euro valance/bumper i sold Smooth, so can tell it it will fit behind the mt1. good point.

    I can say that the fog's must mount to the mt1 and not the euro valence., so, it's a conundrum, lets ask Smooth.

    Last edited by fporro; 03-29-2007, 12:33 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Reaktionär
    replied
    I found a thread that explains the different valances http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=euro+fogs and the other valance is on the convertable in the pictures. But the OP is going to cover the valance with a M-Tech1 valance so it may not matter.

    Leave a comment:

Working...